• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Harley Windscreen plus bracket?

mortaru

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Hello everyone, I was wondering if a Harley windscreen could be attached to a Guzzi as to me, I don't like how the stock windscreen looks.(any of the sizes) A custom mounting bracket must be fabricated, but I don't think that is too difficult.The turn signals should also be relocated, but it seems fairly easy also. Once that is done, we are then in Harley parts paradise, with quick disconnects etc. I went to the nearby Harley dealer to have a look and took some pictures. It looks promising, what do you guys think?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-01-15 at 18.47.20.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-15 at 18.47.20.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 29
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-01-15 at 18.47.22.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-15 at 18.47.22.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 29
I think this is a much larger task than you realize!

The front fork design is totally different and you have no designed mounting points.

Please remember that the larger the shield in surface area, the larger the forces (exponentially) applied to the windshield and mounting points.

You will need more than pretty mounts. You will need very solid mounts. How do you intend to do that?

Surely, GIVI or any myriad of the European manufacturers must have a windshield designed for the 1400 that you might like.

Also, given that Doha is between 19-37C all year, why a big screen? You are going to make the bike insanely hot with a giant shield.

Oh well. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
IN terms of solidity I believe 5mm High Stensile Steel plates are more than enough( I believe Harley's is of a similar width. As mounting points, I would use the same 4 factory mounting points on rubber bushings. On this frame I would install Harley windscreen mounting bolts. I will post a link from Issota in Italy, they have something similar that gave me the idea, as an option for the Custom.
In terms of temperature, wind buffeting, etc, I don't know, that is why am asking. I am 6foot 2, and I dont't mind the breeze, but the chest pressure is killing my lower back above 100km/h. Folks are saying a fly screen sorts that out, but even for my height?
In terms of locks, I believe the Eldo looks better with a bigger screen;

en.shop.isotta-srl.com/moto/moto-guzzi/california-1400-custom-2012-2016.html

Check the squared look mounting hardware

Last edited:
I had my replacement windscreen made by these folks: bikescreen.com/products/moto-guzzi-california-1400-2014. I asked for a 21" height instead of advertised 23" ( I should have gone with the 23" ) and they had no problem doing that.
What tint is your, William?

I understand. There is nothing on a motorcycle that you cannot do if you are willing to throw plenty of money at it.

I’m excited to see your solution!

Unfortunately, at 5’9” tall, wind pressure has never been my issue. The first thing I did to my California Vintage was to take the barndoor windshield off. I really don’t like them.

As per my earlier post , the small screens have proven to be just too noisy for me . I have a National Cycle
Plexifairing 3 for my t-3'd Le Mans 2 ( hey , I'm older) and it's an absolute revelation , no noise , no wind
buffeting and no rain soaking . It's a pocket of bliss riding behind that shield . Was one from an older
Yamaha Seca 650 . But to each his own . Peter

Hello everyone, I was wondering if a Harley windscreen could be attached to a Guzzi as to me, I don't like how the stock windscreen looks.(any of the sizes) A custom mounting bracket must be fabricated, but I don't think that is too difficult.The turn signals should also be relocated, but it seems fairly easy also. Once that is done, we are then in Harley parts paradise, with quick disconnects etc. I went to the nearby Harley dealer to have a look and took some pictures. It looks promising, what do you guys think?
I’d love to see you come up with something that works. I think that screen would look great!

Here's a picture of the windshield I used on the Eldorado . Other than removing a bit of the cold blast from my
chest , the wind noise was deafening , it was quieter without it . An open face shield was much quieter up to 120 kph .
YMMV , but if possible try one before laying down your money . Peter

William, how tall are you and how do you find the wind buffeting with this screen?
I'm 6' tall and the buffeting was still a pain on long trips so I bought one of the clip on deflectors off ebay for $25 and it worked great ( pic ) but a bit distracting. Now since my previous post I was in a wreck which totaled my bike ( & windscreen ) I have since bought another Cali 1400. I also had to buy a new helmet, BOY what a difference a design of a helmet makes, head buffeting is minimal to which I no longer bother with the clip on deflector. I also just bought another tinted windscreen but from another dealer being for some unknown reason Gustafsson would not return my calls so I went with Eagle Screens in Australia, great turn around and pricing. They make three heights and I went back with the factory 21"( 530mm ).

Attachments

• 100_7350.JPG
    100_7350.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_7358.JPG
    100_7358.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_7362.JPG
    100_7362.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back