Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Holiday Greetings. For those asking about Black Friday/Cyber Monday specials... Since we're such a tiny operation, it's tough to offer much... But we're again offering free shipping on $99+ orders to our U.S. customers on any in stock GTM product! Now through Monday at midnight, PST. Use POST-COVID-FREE discount code at checkout on our online Store link above - We truly appreciate your support. PLEASE Support small businesses!

Has anybody heard if the 1400 series is to be discontinued?

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by Longshot, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Longshot

Longshot Tuned and Synch'ed

I've just called a couple guzzi dealers trying to locate a eldorado in stock closest to me and was told by one of them there is probably not going to be anymore of the 1400 series produced. Whether they are or not won't affect my decision to buy one, just wondering if anybody has heard anything official or rumors on the subject.

2. Paul Ash

Paul Ash Tuned and Synch'ed

The website has MY20 after all the 1400 models so maybe it’s true. See attachment.

Attached Files:

3. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

That's an 7 year span of availability until 2020. Not too bad I reckon.

I bought early in 2013 and then Todd's tweaked version the following year. I reckon I have enough!

4. anmagu

anmagu Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

1400 were discountet due to not meeting euro5 emission standards per 1/1/21.

5. Longshot

Well if thats true then I guess once again euro5 emmisions has killed another great motorcycle. A whole line of them in this case.
    I suppose as long as the governments and the ones rich enough to influence them can have their jets and yachts and big homes to heat and cool...dont get me started....
    I guess I better makes sure I can make a eldorado purchase happen sooner than later, lol

just James and John L like this.
  6. Moto-Uno

Moto-Uno Cruisin' Guzzisti

You'll love it ! Just another Eldorado fan ( for a multitude of happy reasons ) . Peter

Longshot likes this.
  7. anmagu

anmagu Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Euro 4 to euro 5 was actually a smaller step than euro 3 to euro 4. And every manufacturer knew it years ahead that this will be the date their motos would have to comply.

It was up to guzzi to make it euro5 compliable. They opted not to. It wouldn't have been profitable i think, since the 1400's sales numbers we're going down constantly in recent years. Plus remember: it's an 8 year old bike that received minor changes and was built for euro3.

Get your eldorado, they are beautiful and and usually reliable bikes. Love my audace carbon.

Longshot likes this.
  8. Longshot

Thanks for the info and hopefully within three weeks I'll be posting a picture of one parked next to the mgx21 (fingers crossed)

anmagu and John L like this.