• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Has anybody heard if the 1400 series is to be discontinued?

Longshot

Tuned and Synch'ed
I've just called a couple guzzi dealers trying to locate a eldorado in stock closest to me and was told by one of them there is probably not going to be anymore of the 1400 series produced. Whether they are or not won't affect my decision to buy one, just wondering if anybody has heard anything official or rumors on the subject.

The website has MY20 after all the 1400 models so maybe it’s true. See attachment.

Attachments

• 356F8510-97B1-4790-9C46-3805386AEA00.png
    356F8510-97B1-4790-9C46-3805386AEA00.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 37
That's an 7 year span of availability until 2020. Not too bad I reckon.

I bought early in 2013 and then Todd's tweaked version the following year. I reckon I have enough!

1400 were discountet due to not meeting euro5 emission standards per 1/1/21.

Well if thats true then I guess once again euro5 emmisions has killed another great motorcycle. A whole line of them in this case.
I suppose as long as the governments and the ones rich enough to influence them can have their jets and yachts and big homes to heat and cool...dont get me started....
I guess I better makes sure I can make a eldorado purchase happen sooner than later, lol

Well if thats true then I guess once again euro5 emmisions has killed another great motorcycle. A whole line of them in this case.
I suppose as long as the governments and the ones rich enough to influence them can have their jets and yachts and big homes to heat and cool...dont get me started....
I guess I better makes sure I can make a eldorado purchase happen sooner than later, lol

Euro 4 to euro 5 was actually a smaller step than euro 3 to euro 4. And every manufacturer knew it years ahead that this will be the date their motos would have to comply.

It was up to guzzi to make it euro5 compliable. They opted not to. It wouldn't have been profitable i think, since the 1400's sales numbers we're going down constantly in recent years. Plus remember: it's an 8 year old bike that received minor changes and was built for euro3.

Get your eldorado, they are beautiful and and usually reliable bikes. Love my audace carbon.

Euro 4 to euro 5 was actually a smaller step than euro 3 to euro 4. And every manufacturer knew it years ahead that this will be the date their motos would have to comply.

It was up to guzzi to make it euro5 compliable. They opted not to. It wouldn't have been profitable i think, since the 1400's sales numbers we're going down constantly in recent years. Plus remember: it's an 8 year old bike that received minor changes and was built for euro3.

Get your eldorado, they are beautiful and and usually reliable bikes. Love my audace carbon.

Thanks for the info and hopefully within three weeks I'll be posting a picture of one parked next to the mgx21 (fingers crossed)

Yeah, that's all folks but hopefully MG can marriage their new big block WC motor to their next cruiser frame.
I own a '03 Titanium and a '13 1400 Custom yet still yearn for the MGX, at least until they release their new WC cruiser line.

Does euro 5 pretty much ensure the death of air cooled motors or just up to a certain displacement?

Back