• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Headlight

No H3 or H7 bulbs available for the LED conversion on my Cal 1400 ?? Looking to upgrade the stock Osram bulbs, was thinking of going with hidextra.com/razir-motorcycle-led-headlight-kit/ - any thoughts anyone ? I have recently been infected with headlight envy after seeing the Harley Day Makers in action ...

Last edited:
The space inside the headlight bucket is tight. Have a look before you proceed.

Stephen

Super Bright LEDS has a low beam (H7) replacement. However, I’ve not found where anyone has tried it.

Last edited:
I tried almost all I could find on the market, starting with the ones I offer on this site. Problem was the back of the bulb clearance to the edge of the bulb access door won't allow anything beyond the plug. Most have fan driven heat sync assys, so they won't fit. If anyone finds anything that works, post.
HID applications might work if they have nothing off the back of the bulb, but then you have to deal with the ballast box, igniter, etc.

I think I'll go with the PIAA Night Tech Motorcycle bulbs, the data sheet says 90% more light with a longer lifespan. I was originally looking at the OSRAM Night Racer series motorcycle lighting but there's no H3 only the H7. I'll pass on the LED or HID's and just upgrade to a whiter Halogen bulb and call it a day. I did manage to do the auxiliary fog lamps on the Cal Touring and they are considerably brighter than the stock yellowish bulbs... Too bad Guzzi has such a innovative headlight enclosure with the fancy LED running lights and then went with dinghy yellow halogens...

I think I'll go with the PIAA Night Tech Motorcycle bulbs, the data sheet says 90% more light with a longer lifespan. I was originally looking at the OSRAM Night Racer series motorcycle lighting but there's no H3 only the H7. I'll pass on the LED or HID's and just upgrade to a whiter Halogen bulb and call it a day. I did manage to do the auxiliary fog lamps on the Cal Touring and they are considerably brighter than the stock yellowish bulbs... Too bad Guzzi has such a innovative headlight enclosure with the fancy LED running lights and then went with dinghy yellow halogens...
Which bulbs did you use for the auxiliary fog lamps.

I put Sylvania Ultra's in the auxiliary fog lamps, they are noticeably "whiter" not sure if they are actually any brighter, if I can achieve the same results with the headlight I'll be happy.

I just installed the HID Xenon headlight conversion kits by SDX that I got off Amazon. The high voltage power supply and controller for each light are difficult to squeeze into the 1400's headlight housing but it is very bright!!
My xeno kit, fits perfect, and It doesn't become very hot. 35 watt Is ok.

Received 793035064741100 IMG 20210512 100312 Received 927923117996894 IMG 20210512 095645

I know this is old convo. I have a 13 Cali tour and my headlight needs something done. Some cast lamps can be oven- heated, separated, then replaced. I will do this as mines terrible and I have nothing to lose. Lots of critters and foes whenever I drive in rain. Seems to be often.

I know this is old convo. I have a 13 Cali tour and my headlight needs something done. Some cast lamps can be oven- heated, separated, then replaced. I will do this as mines terrible and I have nothing to lose. Lots of critters and foes whenever I drive in rain. Seems to be often.
The critters are probably on the outside stuck between the lens and the rim, try scraping them out with a thin feeler gauge or something similar.

Thanks, however the lens fogs up while driving in rain as well. I know the new ones are available, but at 440. US , I want to be sure it won’t be the same, so trying to separate mine next week. I had put it off over winter( busy) I’ll post here when I’m done success or not.

Back