RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.
  2. Ciao Guest, ALERT FOR Store purchases - riding season is here, so we know everyone wants it yesterday. However, lead times are long and many things are sold out or back-ordered, and there isn't much we can do to rush anything. Always best to buy off Season when things are in stock. Also, there are many seasonal holidays this time of year, both here and in Europe (particularly the Italian August Holiday month), so please be patient! We aren't Amazon. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. Please note GuzziTech and the GTM Store is largely a ONE man operation. Requests for phone calls will be deleted. We are online only. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE OR JUST disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Heated grips only work on one side

Discussion in 'BNS12 Chat & Tech' started by Mumbufuku, May 12, 2019.

1. Mumbufuku

Mumbufuku Just got it firing!

Noticed that only the left side grip is heating up. It also takes a really long time to heat up, about 5 minutes before I feel anything. How do i go about diag on the heated grips?

Also if anyone has an official moto guzzi luggage rack they'd be willing to sell me please let me know! Also looking for an exhaust. I've got an 07 norge

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT Famiglia

Start by troubleshooting the wiring. There is a schematic for your bike in the downloads section.

3. Mumbufuku

Is there also a diagram for the hoses under the gas tank?
    I was messing around under the tank and I cant figure out how to get the fuel line off. Do I need to pull a fuse to release fuel pressure before disconnecting the hose? I tried messing with the connector for a few minutes and I didn't want to just start yanking on stuff and breaking it.

4. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

Do a google search. You'll find lots of information.

5. Kevin.NZ

Kevin.NZ Cruisin' Guzzisti

pull the connector off that feeds the fuel pump, try to start the bike, that will take the pressure off the fuel pipe. Turn off the ign, Then push the outer ring forward and at the same time pull back on the fuel pipe. It should just slip out, put a rag down to collect spilt fuel. To reconnect its the reverse. Check for leaks after you switch the ign back on.

6. Android

Android Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Hi Mum
    Because the heated grip on the right side is constantly moving the wire breaks just after it comes out of the twist grip rubber .
    It requires taking the tank off to get to the connector, a 2 wire cable which is easy to check for continuity.
    New moto guzzi heated grips were about £160 last time I looked.

7. M0T0Geezer

M0T0Geezer Cruisin' Guzzisti

Here's a diagram on the 2007 Norge vapor plumbing system. It's a nice peek into the Italian mind and also useful for defeating & deleting the whole useless cannister contraption. If you do this, mind the three kinds of arrows and be sure that you block off tube "7" so air is not drawn into the engine intake system.

Note that the diagram does not include the pressurized fuel lines leaving the fuel pump to the fuel injectors, or the excess fuel return lines.

'Geezer

Attached Files:

Mumbufuku likes this.
  8. Mumbufuku

Got the heated grips working again. Took the connectors apart and sprayed contact cleaner on them. They both work and seem like they're heating up faster. Huzzah!

9. Mumbufuku

Outer gray ring will not move at all. I tried gently prying on the tabs on the connector and that did nothing as well.

10. Mumbufuku

Well that's helpful! Do you have another one for the airline tubes? I have a hose that looks like it comes out of the top of the transmission. That hose ends near the front of the tank. I have no idea what this hose is supposed to be connected to. I didn't find any visible fittings.

11. Bert Remington

Bert Remington Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

WRT fuel line disconnection, on my 2012 Norge the gray female connector doesn't move so the push-pull method doesn't work. The gray connector has four black tabs 90 degrees apart gripping the red male connector. Using a small Phillips screwdriver or small ball end Allen wrench, I gently lift the tabs. Usually takes about three rounds and rotating the gray connector to access the top tab isn't easy. Don't force these tabs, just lift them a little bit. Patience and care. At some point the gray connector will release when you pull on it.

I route my transmission vent hose on the right side past the battery so it's always running upwards. The end is open so protect it from rain or wash water. I never saw the slightest sign of oil on the end.