• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

heated vests, grips

mg spd rcr

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
well as I get older the cold bothers me more. Lately haven't rode my bike into work, I work at night so it's in the low 50's to low 30's and a day or several in hi 20's. not really that cold when compared to other areas. I never felt the need for heated anything, since I haven't rode into work for over a month I decided to purchace a electric vest with zip off sleeves from EXO2 "the heat inside" I test rode it tonight its in the low 40's right now...works real well I think I'm going to need to get the controller so I can turn down the heat. I was feeling the warmth within a minute of pluging in it in, was quite warm in two blocks ( 2 minutes). At this point not sure I need the electric grips but I reminded myself I didn't think I needed an electric vest...yea what was I thinking!! I want to ride to work in the cold now!!

the grips I was thinking of getting are the temporary version that riderwearhouse sells they (heat element with neoprene {sp?} wraps outside of your grips) since only need for about a month out of a year if that. anybody use them? are they durable? Greg Field, others your thoughts on this subject, pros and cons?

I think heated grips, once considered a luxury, are now essential equipment. Even in summer it can get cold sometimes, especially at heights. It's far easier to flip a switch and the pinkies are toasty warm.

Heated grips also allow the use of thinner grips, giving a greater feel of the machine. Finally, the increased diameter of the grips are a plus in my opinion.

Go for it, Rich. I reckon once you install them, you won't want to take 'em off, so think permanent rather than temporary!

On one of the first cool mornings after I got the Norge, I was 5 miles from home thinking, "crap,, I wish I had put on my heavier gloves.." Duh!! just flip the switch dummy. Never have had heated grips before. Pretty nice.

Hey RR, old man, heated grips were all I ran while living in Bah-ston. I had the under grip type, which was mediocre. I think the type you're looking at would be ideal... outside of the newer OEM grips.
Now either it's getting colder in SoCal, or I'm getting old too. Man was it chilly yesterday in the SMMs. :dry:

Hey Rich, forget the half way measures, get a Norge! Actually many feel that with heated grips, thin gloves work much better than thick, which just insulate you from the heat. Course, the thin gloves work a lot better when behind fairing or some other form of wind block.

Rich,

I put a set of under-grip heaters on my '02 Le Mans, and they worked great!

They also don't interfere with the feel of your favorite grips.

I seem to recall that I paid about $25-$30 for the kit.

Naturally, YMMV.

-Jack

Rich: The easy way is Oxford heaters. They're nicely made and include a harness and an electronic contoller, versus a resister for the low setting. The older Guzzis have no watts to spare, so this is a good thing.

Another good way is to get foil-type ATV heaters (same wattage on both side) and put them over your grips. Then cover with thin-wall shrink tubiing and hook the wiring up only to the low setting, since that's all you'll really need. This latter is the way my V11 is done, and it works great. We have all this stuff at MI if you can't find it locally.

Back