• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

heavy clutch

DecD

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had figured out a solution to the heavy clutch?

P10718770.jpg

Yup it's very heavy. I have an old injury to my left wrist and fingers which has left me with restricted movement of the wrist and poor grip in that hand. I do struggle when in heavy traffic with lots of stop start riding. I try to use my other bikes if going to towns and cities and use the Guzzi for open road runs mainly. When I had my harleys I had a special clutch adapter fitted, an 'Easy Boy' I think it was called, (not tobe confused with some rent boy :D )
I had a Hydraulic clutch mod done to my Aprilia, I can't remember the name of the company that made/supplied it, but it was available wordwide, however I think it may be very difficult to acess the Guzzi master cylinder.

The thread title caught my eye.

I was surprised to see it, because the clutch on my new 2009 Stelvio is probably the lightest clutch I've ever had on a motorcycle, especially including my other 4 Guzzis past and present.

There must be some large difference between bikes. I have small hands for a guy my size, and they're not all that strong, so I'm not overpowering the thing.

I've never had a hydraulic clutch before, either. I'm not looking forward to working on it, but it operates nicely!

Lannis

I don't find mine heavy either, but if you want a solution, I can offer one up... I sell a radial master cylinder that will make it one-finger easy. Contact me direct or post below if you're interested. I'm putting in a large Brembo order later today.

Do tell me more.... I dont specifically think that my clutch on my Stelvio is heavy but i'm interested in knowing more...

Being a complete numpty can you tell me what tools one would need to swap this over too?

guzziguy said:
Do tell me more.... I dont specifically think that my clutch on my Stelvio is heavy but i'm interested in knowing more... Being a complete numpty can you tell me what tools one would need to swap this over too?
Fitting a radial pump (like the brake master shown below) is a fairly simple swap. Remove line, remove clamp, install new pump & reservior, replace line with new crush washers, add fluid and bleed. Typically the bleed is quite simple since the line is full of fluid, and the pump like shown below has a bleeder valve near the connection.

Shown below is Brembo's new "RCS" adjustable pump and hinged lever (~$365 + reservior kit). The clutch master is identical, only 16mm. I will be installing a matching set on my Stelvio next week.

Need more?

bre_rcs-brk-mst-cyl.jpg

I might be interested. This is the heaviest clutch I know of. I couldn't keep this bike if I had to commute with that clutch.

bigtex said:
I might be interested. This is the heaviest clutch I know of. I couldn't keep this bike if I had to commute with that clutch.
+2
Could i get a quote
(based in Ireland)

Brembo RCS 16 (adjustable 16~18) Radial clutch pump as shown below is US$360 (+ $50 for the reservior kit). Shipping would be ~$10, and most anywhere outside of the US would be ~$30 via USPS Priority Mail (6-10 days). The matching adjustable 19 RCS front brake pump (shown bottom) for the same price(s). If you buy both, shipping is free within the U.S., minimal amount for outside.

BREM16RCS_lg.jpg

BREM19RCS_01.jpg

bigtex said:
Todd, did you get these installed? Love to hear some feedback.
Still in the mail, I'll report the minute I do.

Those are nice looking rigs Todd, what type of reservoir do they use? I initially found the clutch to be kinda heavy in stop and go, but Waynes solution seemed to take care of that. :)
FBC

Back