• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Hello, and a pic

Ron Lakes

Just got it firing!
Howdy to all- Ron here. I took a break from bikes about 7 years ago (last was a 2001 V11 Sport), and I'm looking to get back into it. I've chatted with Todd back and forth via PM about maybe trying out the V7 Stone as my next bike, but my wife is OK with any number of options. I'm starting to lean toward a Griso again. I realize way different from a V7, thing is, I'd love probably just about anything compared to what I'm on presently, which is nothing! I test rode a V7 Racer, and it was a blast. But the Griso grabbed my attention from the git-go.

Anyway, here's a pic from the website of MPH Cycles (a Houston dealer). Gorgeous in red!

Cheers!
red-griso2015-001.jpg

Absolutely love my Griso. No offense to the smaller bikes, which definitely have their place, but a Griso is in a completely different class from a V7. I was just out in Bucks and the Poconos today and my Griso was a dream- the torque was very handy in the rolling, twisting roads in that area. When it was time to go home to NNJ, the Griso easily slurped up the highway miles like a plate of pasta :)

Well, I took the plunge. Put down a deposit on one just like the Griso at the top of this thread. I thought of getting a 2014 (at a significant discount) and having it custom painted as in the photo below (courtesy of my brother's photo shop talents). Using the green of a V7 Cafe Classic (or perhaps of a 2001 V11S), I think it would look great! Custom paint to a high standard ( I'd want it exactly as if it were the current factory scheme) costs a fortune though, and I couldn't justify it. In any case I really like the red of the 2015.

So I'm stoked! They tell me about 10 days. And thanks for the report, Marcsiry- we'll have to meet up some time in the future!

Well, I took the plunge. Put down a deposit on one just like the Griso at the top of this thread. I thought of getting a 2014 (at a significant discount) and having it custom painted as in the photo below (courtesy of my brother's photo shop talents). Using the green of a V7 Cafe Classic (or perhaps of a 2001 V11S), I think it would look great! Custom paint to a high standard ( I'd want it exactly as if it were the current factory scheme) costs a fortune though, and I couldn't justify it. In any case I really like the red of the 2015.

So I'm stoked! They tell me about 10 days. And thanks for the report, Marcsiry- we'll have to meet up some time in the future!
View attachment 7260

Who are you buying from. I was looking at a 2014 at Fast By Feracci, but think I'm going to go the 2015 as well. The red is really growing on me the more I look at it.

Who are you buying from. I was looking at a 2014 at Fast By Feracci, but think I'm going to go the 2015 as well. The red is really growing on me the more I look at it.

Hello Trknomo. I am in fact going with FBF- he's conveniently close with good support staff. His racing pedigree isn't a bad thing either. The other option for me would be Martin Eurosports in Coopersberg which is a bit further from me, and I have no experience with them. So FBF it is.

The few pics of the Griso in the new red I've seen show it to have a bit of an orange tint to it, which I find really attractive. For me the 2015 was a no-brainier. Good luck with your purchasing decision. How soon do you expect to move forward, or is this still preliminary for you?

I just about have decided on the Griso. I like having the bike that everyone doesn't. In 06 I purchased a K1200R which was really different for the time. Now two Ninjas later I'm ready for something a bit more unique. It's been a tough decision between the R nine T and the Tuono.

As far as time frame for purchase, I'm going to buy after the holidays for a spring pickup. I still have one motorcycle to sell to make room in my garage before I bring a new one in.

Took one last look at the Tuono today at the motorcycle mall in Bellville. I just don't get a warm feeling there and the so called "Aprilia" expert couldn't even explain all the features and electronics to me. Everything keeps pointing me back to the Griso

Took one last look at the Tuono today at the motorcycle mall in Bellville. I just don't get a warm feeling there and the so called "Aprilia" expert couldn't even explain all the features and electronics to me. Everything keeps pointing me back to the Griso

I visited an Aprilia dealer recently, and looking at that Tuono makes me think what a nightmare (read: $$$$) if you were to have to get into that top end. It has way more power than the Griso, but the Griso already has plenty for me. Won't be tracking it, and will be happy with the stable handling, broad torque curve, and above all, the character of the bike. I just have always loved the transverse v-twin. A Guzzi just seems, well, almost alive when you ride it.

I shopped a number of different bikes that weren't necessarily competitors to one another at all. Given that I've been out of bikes for 7 years, it was sort of a clean slate new beginning for me, so anything out there under about $15 K (my self imposed limit) was fair game. Kept coming back to the Guzzi though. There's nothing else out there like 'em.

Can't imagine you not being happy with the Griso!

Congrats on the purchase, Ron! Post up when you take delivery.

In terms of alternate paint jobs, here's something I'm toying with... I always wanted a 1000s back in the day... why not a 1200s?

Griso 1200s

Thanks, Marcsiry- still haven't gotten a VIN # yet, probably tomorrow. Then I'll be out of town 'till the end of the week, while the bike should arrive at the shop on Wednesday (the 8th). We'll see. In any case, that puts me into the weekend to take delivery, and with rain in the forecast, not sure I want to ride an unfamiliar bike in the rain after not riding for 7 years, esp. w/no electronic nannies on board. Not that I ever had any before.

Man, I like your idea even better than my idea. Looks totally cool. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a V7 Classic in a scheme akin to this one sometime in the next several years. Or maybe on another model, with who knows what might be in the offing.

I'll definitely post up when I get it.

Great! I had my Griso out for 11.5 hours last Sunday, up in the Catskills... a bit chilly but the roads were awesome, and the Griso loved every minute of it!
Griso catskills

Back