RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, Happy 2019! Note all of our products and custom bike builds are now on our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com. You may need a new username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. NOTE: We are not Amazon, we are a tiny one man operation. Thanks for your patience on orders. GuzziTech is now back to our origins; Enjoy the Guzzi Community Forum and Resources here. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx®) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine from 2000 until 2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work via our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our Seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

Hello from Italy!!!

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Blaufeld, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Blaufeld

Blaufeld Just got it firing!

Hi, I'm Andrea and live in Grosseto (Tuscany).
    I've started driving Guzzi motorcycles in 2005 with a V65C, then I switched to an 850 T5, a V11 Rosso Mandello edition, a Stelvio, and presently I own a California EV model year 2003.
    See ya on the forum!

GT-Rx® likes this.
  2. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Ciao Andrea! Welcome to the GT Forum & Famiglia! I’d love if you could drop in on each section’s Registry pages and add your info for each model you’ve owned.
    I’m interested to hear after riding the more modern Guzzis how you ended up on the Cal EV?! Though I’m pretty sure I know the answer. Post often!

3. guzzisti91

guzzisti91 Tuned and Synch'ed

Welcome, Andrea! From Tuscany? I hear there are some nice roads around there.
    If there is anything you need advice with, or any stories to share, feel free to post away - we're all here to help

4. Blaufeld

Thx!!!

5. groundhog105

groundhog105 Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Welcome Andrea to the forum. I have ridden quite a bit in Italy and it’s a beautiful country.

6. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan GT Reference GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    I, too, would like to know what prompted your switch from, in particular, a V11 and Stelvio to an EV,

I have a '98 EV with 164K kilometers and love riding it, especially with my wife as pillion. Always will. Still, my newer Guzzis are of the sort that it would be hard to choose the EV as my only moto. Happily, I have the room in my garage and don't have to do that! ;)

Bill

BTW, was in Grosseto briefly (for lunch) in 2002. Have been back to Italy several times since, including riding for a couple of days, but mostly in the north. I know of no one who has been to Italy who does not envy you! :clap:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  7. Blaufeld

The V11 was a beautiful bike, and quite confy for long travels (I've done the Saddlesore 1600km on it), but the load capacity was a pity for me that I like to go often to 2 or 3 days meetings needing to bring tent, bed etc...
    So I searched for a Cali or a Stelvio. On the Stelvio I travelled abroad for 6 years (Adriatic Sea, Switzerland...), then it had severe problems to the electric system and while waiting for repairs, a friend of mine put his Cali for sale... and I was done!!!

8. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan GT Reference GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    ^^^^^^

I know the feeling. :inlove:

[​IMG]

A mile from my home at the top of Virginia. Not quite Tuscany, but it will do.

Bill

Blaufeld likes this.