Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Hello from Italy!!!

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Blaufeld, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Blaufeld

Blaufeld Cruisin' Guzzisti

Hi, I'm Andrea and live in Grosseto (Tuscany).
    I've started driving Guzzi motorcycles in 2005 with a V65C, then I switched to an 850 T5, a V11 Rosso Mandello edition, a Stelvio, and presently I own a California EV model year 2003.
    See ya on the forum!

GT-Rx® likes this.
  2. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Ciao Andrea! Welcome to the GT Forum & Famiglia! I’d love if you could drop in on each section’s Registry pages and add your info for each model you’ve owned.
    I’m interested to hear after riding the more modern Guzzis how you ended up on the Cal EV?! Though I’m pretty sure I know the answer. Post often!

3. guzzisti91

guzzisti91 Tuned and Synch'ed

Welcome, Andrea! From Tuscany? I hear there are some nice roads around there.
    If there is anything you need advice with, or any stories to share, feel free to post away - we're all here to help

4. Blaufeld

Thx!!!

5. groundhog105

groundhog105 Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Welcome Andrea to the forum. I have ridden quite a bit in Italy and it’s a beautiful country.

6. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan GT Reference GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    I, too, would like to know what prompted your switch from, in particular, a V11 and Stelvio to an EV,

I have a '98 EV with 164K kilometers and love riding it, especially with my wife as pillion. Always will. Still, my newer Guzzis are of the sort that it would be hard to choose the EV as my only moto. Happily, I have the room in my garage and don't have to do that! ;)

Bill

BTW, was in Grosseto briefly (for lunch) in 2002. Have been back to Italy several times since, including riding for a couple of days, but mostly in the north. I know of no one who has been to Italy who does not envy you! :clap:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  7. Blaufeld

The V11 was a beautiful bike, and quite confy for long travels (I've done the Saddlesore 1600km on it), but the load capacity was a pity for me that I like to go often to 2 or 3 days meetings needing to bring tent, bed etc...
    So I searched for a Cali or a Stelvio. On the Stelvio I travelled abroad for 6 years (Adriatic Sea, Switzerland...), then it had severe problems to the electric system and while waiting for repairs, a friend of mine put his Cali for sale... and I was done!!!

8. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan GT Reference GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    ^^^^^^

I know the feeling. :inlove:

[​IMG]

A mile from my home at the top of Virginia. Not quite Tuscany, but it will do.

Bill

Blaufeld likes this.