• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Hello from Wales !

Kerry

Just got it firing!
Note quite sure how this forum works, but thought I would say hello. Have been a a biker for many ears on and off (not literally thankfully) and have owned all sorts from Harley to Ducati via a few old British bikes. Found myself in my local MG dealers (Fowlers of Bristol) last month and saw my first MG in the flesh, long story short I am now the owner of a V7 III Carbon, and I love it. All I need now is some half decent weather (well, it is new so reluctant to subject it to wet salty roads just yet).

Kind regards
Kez

CROESO from Vancouver/Canada (and Abergavenny originally) and welcome to the group. Looks a sweet bike - you're gonna have fun on that- they really do have a lot of character

Hello Kerry from Wales! Welcome.

Now here is a non-bike related story for you.
A very long time ago my Dad gave me something that had been gifted to him during WW2.
When he gave it to me he said it was a bone from a whale.
I told him it didn't look like a bone to me it looked more like a stone but he insisted that it came from a whale.

I drilled it & made a necklace out of it.
One day a man saw me wearing it & asked about it so I related the story.
He laughed and said that the stone only came from one place in the world: Wales.

I know, they all look the same, but its still new to me so a photo of it this morning, so far no rain (believe me thats unusual here)
25qtym1.jpg

Bellissimo!

Greetings Kerry! Welcome to Guzzitech.com. That Carbon is a striking looking bike, love the blackout looks with the red details on cylinder head covers and brakes. Very cool!

Enjoy and ride safe!

G

Bellissimo!

Greetings Kerry! Welcome to Guzzitech.com. That Carbon is a striking looking bike, love the blackout looks with the red details on cylinder head covers and brakes. Very cool!

Enjoy and ride safe!

G
Thank you, I still have mixed feelings about the red head covers, may yet but some standard black ones, but its kinda growing on me

Note quite sure how this forum works, but thought I would say hello. Have been a a biker for many ears on and off (not literally thankfully) and have owned all sorts from Harley to Ducati via a few old British bikes. Found myself in my local MG dealers (Fowlers of Bristol) last month and saw my first MG in the flesh, long story short I am now the owner of a V7 III Carbon, and I love it. All I need now is some half decent weather (well, it is new so reluctant to subject it to wet salty roads just yet).

Kind regards
Kez
Hi Kerry, nice bike, you have some fantastic roads in your neck of the woods, weather permitting of course. You have certainly come to the right place for all things MG, there is a wealth of knowledge on the forum and no shortage of guys willing to share their experiences both good and bad. Also many tempting goodies in Todd's store to improve the bike.

Note quite sure how this forum works, but thought I would say hello. I am now the owner of a V7 III Carbon, and I love it
Hi Kez, first welcome and congrats on the V7 III Carbon. Hope you'll add it to the Registry here; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.9108/
Forum works however you want it to, and thanks for your first post here. Post often.
The Store tab above houses almost 18 years of products I've helped develop for Guzzis.

Very nice looking bike. Welcome.
Thank you, and appreciate the wa
Hi Kez, first welcome and congrats on the V7 III Carbon. Hope you'll add it to the Registry here; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.9108/
Forum works however you want it to, and thanks for your first post here. Post often.
The Store tab above houses almost 18 years of products I've helped develop for Guzzis.

Did have a look but there is no V7 III Carbon section (unless I am being stupid) but thank you for the suggestion. As regards the store, is it US based if so shipping, import tax and VAT would add a huge amount to the prices, ironic as of course MG is European and hence free from that here in soggy old UK

Did have a look but there is no V7 III Carbon section
I just need someone to post one, and I'll add it. Quite simple.

It's exhausting in having to constantly talk about pricing on my Store. Most of my products are developed and built by me, 100% in house. You can't buy most of what I offer anywhere else, and we are talking about a brand that sells ~9000 bikes/year globally. I ship very fairly in regards to VAT. Decades of very happy customers.

Welcome Kerry, from Oregon USA. That really is a nice looking bike, I like the red accents. I'm sure if you tire of the red valve covers, someone would trade you for black ones! I put red eagles on my blue Special tank. My Cardigan Welsh Corgi also says hi.

Welcome Kerry, from Oregon USA. That really is a nice looking bike, I like the red accents. I'm sure if you tire of the red valve covers, someone would trade you for black ones! I put red eagles on my blue Special tank. My Cardigan Welsh Corgi also says hi.

helo o gymru to your Corgi :) as regards the red covers, currently unavailable from MG here so I would be mad to exchange them. Normal black (as per stone version etc) are readily available at about £90 a side (or about $2,759 in the US by the time your new trade sanctions have kicked in :) )

Last edited:
helo o gymru to your Corgi :) as regards the red covers, currently unavailable from MG here so I would be mad to exchange them. Normal black (as per stone version etc) are readily available at about £90 a side (or about $2,759 in the US by the time your new trade sanctions have kicked in :) )

Worth it though - Everyone knows red cam covers add 10mph to top speed

Worth it though - Everyone knows red cam covers add 10mph to top speed
Very god point Paul, red light does indeed travel faster - but it was really the handling advantage that sold them to me %-)

Thank you, and appreciate the wa

Did have a look but there is no V7 III Carbon section (unless I am being stupid) but thank you for the suggestion. As regards the store, is it US based if so shipping, import tax and VAT would add a huge amount to the prices, ironic as of course MG is European and hence free from that here in soggy old UK
Hey Kerry, living here in Spain I am also subject to import duty etc but would suggest if there is anything in particular that catches your eye in the store drop Todd a line. Don't know anyone that offers the same warranty or backup on their products. Another option, do as I did try out the GT modified V7 at RideMalibu, buy some goodies put them in your case and bring them home.

Hey Kerry, living here in Spain I am also subject to import duty etc but would suggest if there is anything in particular that catches your eye in the store drop Todd a line. Don't know anyone that offers the same warranty or backup on their products. Another option, do as I did try out the GT modified V7 at RideMalibu, buy some goodies put them in your case and bring them home.

Thanks Robert, but am i right in thinking that RideMalibu are in the USA, if so rather a long way to go for parts. In reality I am more than happy with the bike as its is, apart from one (ok, two) things, the exhaust. Its just so polite after my other biles, even my old BSA is louder, as for the Harlies, well that was the other extreme. Seems best option here is one of Zards slip ons, no import tax and not silly money.

A set of the Agostini mufflers and GT's "GT-Rx ECU Flash Tool" with the map that Todd created for my Racer would fix all your needs for a bit more exhaust voice without being obnoxiously loud, and improve the performance quite a lot. The ECU Flash Tool is a bit pricey, I know, but I can't compliment it enough: the map that I used it to install in my Racer is literally as good as it can be. It was easily worth the money I spent on it.

The one thing that the Flash Tool and the map by themselves cannot fix is the barking and popping that occurs when you remove the OEM mufflers with their catalytic converters. This is because of the secondary air system interaction, designed to serve the cat-con and keep it running hot. To remove that you need the kit that includes blanking plugs for the heads and a bypass gizmo for the computer controlled air valve. GT has that package in the store: not expensive, and not too difficult to install.

I love how my Racer's engine is setup and runs now. Even though it ran well bone stock, it has been a huge improvement to upgrade the mufflers, the map, and block off the SAS. It now runs and sounds like a Moto Guzzi ought to. :D

Last edited:
Back