• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Helmet Lock

Uss

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi,

Is there a helmet lock solution for the Cali/Eldo which does not include cables and ties etc? Anything aftermarket?

It appears MG have missed out this detail....

Cheers

I used the Helmet Guardian on mine. This was the best picture of it installed on the bike I could find. You can see it on either side of the license plate. On the side stand side a medium full face helmet hung close to the ground but not touching. The other side was clear. I have had these on almost all of my bikes for years.

http://www.helmetguardian.com/

Attachments

• IMG_6231.JPG
    IMG_6231.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 66
I got myself one of these:

View attachment 11216

http://www.advdesigns.com/hegeniicohel1.html?gclid=CJCQ-NO6q9ACFUxXDQodP4kD1g

I usually hooked it around the seat grab bar and set the helmet on the passenger seat.

I have the clamp like the one above, but not the steel 'T' (what is that for?). I have the cable that sell with the camp and use it on my jacket (through the sleeve) and helmet D ring and loop under the handle bar triple tree. That way it secures both jacket and helmet.

I have the clamp like the one above, but not the steel 'T' (what is that for?). I have the cable that sell with the camp and use it on my jacket (through the sleeve) and helmet D ring and loop under the handle bar triple tree. That way it secures both jacket and helmet.

The "T" fits through the d-rings on your helmet and then the carabiner lock fits through the hole in the "T".

I use a Givi helmet lock which has a wire strop and a built in combination lock. A button on the side can adjust the amount of slack available.

Upload 2016 11 17 15 49 9

Usually, I wrap the strop around a frame member under the seat and place the combination lock part in the gap between the frame and the left-hand side panel. I don't bother to set the combination as it is inaccessible when the seat covers it and prevents access.

Especially useful for helmets with no D-rings. I have a Nolan, and the cable runs through the visor gap.

I use a Givi helmet lock which has a wire strop and a built in combination lock. A button on the side can adjust the amount of slack available.

Usually, I wrap the strop around a frame member under the seat and place the combination lock part in the gap between the frame and the left-hand side panel. I don't bother to set the combination as it is inaccessible when the seat covers it and prevents access.

Especially useful for helmets with no D-rings. I have a Nolan, and the cable runs through the visor gap.

Have one of these too, and have used when I want to attach jackets to the bike while I am away.

Just a note on the Helmetlok. A friend had one and forgot the combination while we were touring and four of us over about a three day period couldn'the open it. He bought it from a company called Rocky Creek Designs and asked them if they knew of a way to undo it, they said as far as they know there is no way if you forget the combination, they exchanged it for a new one. I think that was a pretty good recommendation for the lock and for the company.

The "T" fits through the d-rings on your helmet and then the carabiner lock fits through the hole in the "T".

You actually don't need to use the T bar. That is intended for the ratchet style helmet strap clips. I have both the original and the Helmet Lok II which is a larger carabiner. They both slip through the d-ring with no problems. I also made up a length of aircraft cable with loops on either end that I can use to lock up my jacket with my helmet using the lock. Have had them for years and no issues what so ever.

Found a hook under the seat yesterday that could be a helmet hook, can't see any other purpose for it. My helmet strap is too short to just hook the D rings on but it will work with a cable.

Attachments

• hook.jpg
    hook.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 63
My Breva has that hook, the bike comes with a helmet lock cable about 40mm long with loops at each end. Attach one loop to the hook, pass the cable through the helmet strap "D" ring and attach the other loop to the hook and lock the seat down. Helmet secured.
Kev

Thanks Kevin. The Eldo has the hook but no cables came with it and there is no reference to the hook in the owners manual so didn't know what it really was. A cable with loops on each side makes the hook a useful accessory.

Thanks Kevin and John, I just checked and indeed there's a hook under my Cali1400 Touring's seat. Can't believe I never noticed it until now!

Back