• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Help Breva 750 2007

mikhael

Just got it firing!
bought a 2007 750 Breva with only 1500 miles last Sunday.

it drove like a new bike with no problem, smothly went to 85 mph on freeway, drove it for a 100 miles.
Today bought all the oils and filter to change oil. Went for a short ride in town for a few miles. Parked it on street for half an hour came back drove it home. But right near home the gas light indicator came on and shortly the engine died. It has a new battery so it crancks strongly but it does not turn on. pushed it down the hill and turned it on bot half a minutes later it died again. If I push it down the hill it goes on but does not stay on dies shortly. I also noticed that beside the gas light the EFI light came on when I try to start it. The gas tank is full. filled it with regular unleaded. I wonder if it has a switch off/on/reserve for gas and perhaps someone on street turned the switch to off or what else could it be.
Any ideas?
By the way I filled the gas tank with regular unleaded. I read the manual it says use premium grade unleaded. Could that be the issue?

Putting in regular grade gas didn't cause the problem. It sounds like an issue with the fuel pump assembly. However having the engine run on down hill doesn't make sense. Are you sure it just is turning over from input from the rear wheel? Can you hear the fuel pump activate when you turn the key on? Do you have a dealer you can take it to?

John,
The engine does not run in down hill.
What I meant was that when I start it does not go on, so I have to push it down hill put it in gear and force it to start then the engine starts but it dies after a minute or so
I do hear a noise when try to start but I'm not sure what that noise is.

John,
It does not run on downhill. What I meant was that I had to push it down hill put it in gear and force the engine to go on. Then it would be on for half a minute and die.
It was running so smoothly and fine, just suddenly behaving like this I'm not sure if it;s something simple like a loose wire, burnt fuse, etc that I could fix myself, other wise I'll take it to motorcycle mechanic which I need to tow etc.

Hi, I have 57000 miles on my 2006 Breva 750.
I have never experienced anything, as what you are describing.
I think you need to get to a dealer, that has and understands how to use one of those digital tester units that just plugs into the bike, and gives readouts as to performance & problems.
Otherwise you are doomed to go down the route of swopping relays, and perhaps wasting a lot of money on new parts, that do not solve the problem.

Best Wishes & Good Luck !
PS, There is no on / off for the fuel, it is all electronic on your bike.

mikhael said:
John,
It does not run on downhill. What I meant was that I had to push it down hill put it in gear and force the engine to go on. Then it would be on for half a minute and die.
It was running so smoothly and fine, just suddenly behaving like this I'm not sure if it;s something simple like a loose wire, burnt fuse, etc that I could fix myself, other wise I'll take it to motorcycle mechanic which I need to tow etc.

I agree with motoguzziman. Doesn't sound like something you can repair. I suggest you take it to a dealer, or a shop with the needed diagnostic software.

Hi Again.
I have an annoying niggle, in the back of my mind. Thinking about your problem.
I seem to remember, some years ago, someone had a "Somewhat " similar problem, and cleaning the lambda sensor, sorted it out.
As said,its a vague memory, but perhaps Holt or RJVB remember it better than I do.
Anyway, nothing lost, in trying that ? its a fairly easy thing to get at, and if nothing else, you will be able to tell the mechanic, that that did not fix the problem.
Good Luck.

motoguzziman said:
Hi Again.
I have an annoying niggle, in the back of my mind. Thinking about your problem.
I seem to remember, some years ago, someone had a "Somewhat " similar problem, and cleaning the lambda sensor, sorted it out.
As said,its a vague memory, but perhaps Holt or RJVB remember it better than I do.
Anyway, nothing lost, in trying that ? its a fairly easy thing to get at, and if nothing else, you will be able to tell the mechanic, that that did not fix the problem.
Good Luck.

Dirty, or non functioning Lambda sensor will not prevent the bike from running. The ECU just doesn't have the data to use so the bike runs rich.

OK,
Thanks for the clarification, as said, it was an " I seem to remember" moment.
Take Care Out There.

Back