• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Help - Heated Grips Install on Audace

Johnap

Tuned and Synch'ed
Anyone put on the OE heated grips kit. Got the left grip on and discovered the spacers and longer bolts for the bar end weights do not fit the handle bar. Called AF1 and they looked it up and said the set is no longer listed as compatable. They advised me not to finish the install. They offered a return, wich was great of them. They seemed unsure if the throttle would work out.

I could take a grinder to the spacers or perhaps use a stack of washers. If I modify I can't return.

Does anyone know for sure if they will wire up and work safely.

I just got some in the mail today from AF1. I emailed them before purchasing and they assured me that they would work. I have a 2016 Audace. They told me that they would work on the 2016's and earlier but not on 2017 and later. Going to attempt install tomorrow morning. I will let you know how it goes.

I just got some in the mail today from AF1. I emailed them before purchasing and they assured me that they would work. I have a 2016 Audace. They told me that they would work on the 2016's and earlier but not on 2017 and later. Going to attempt install tomorrow morning. I will let you know how it goes.
Hi
Yes please update. If you can get them working I will retry my install.

Hi,

I just finished installing the heated grips. It went pretty smoothly.

The only real hang up was the spacers for the weights. As you noted the spacers that came with the kit do not fit. I could not even tell how they were intended to fit. they have a raised rim around the screw hole on one side which does not fit into the bar end or the weight. in the end I pitched the spacers.

Also the replacement screws that came with the kit were too short. In fact they were shorter than the screws that were installed from the factory. I pitched these screws also and reused the original screws. They were plenty long without the spacers.

On the left side I tightened the weight down against the grip. That worked fine.

On the right side this did not work because it restricted the movement of the throttle. To remedy this I stacked two stainless steel washers to function as a smaller spacer. Worked perfectly.

Other than the above the install went absolutely smoothly and the grips work great. I am looking forward to my drive to work tonight so that I can really see how they do.

The one small issue that I have not figured out is that there are three levels of heat. I could not tell if level 1 or level 3 was the high heat setting. In the end I just put it on level 2 so that I would be certain to expect it would heat up. I suppose that I will figure that out as I ride.

Hope this helps, good luck with your install.

Mike

Back