• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

HELP ME PLEASE!

FrostBittenCanadian

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Could anyone out there tell me if MotoGuzzi USA parts distribution is closed for the month of AUG. I beleive this is the case in Italy, which I understand is the norm. I'm being told up here in Canada that the US distribution center also closes for the month of August, which makes no sense whatsoever. I'm told that since they can't get parts out of Italy there is no point in them being open. Which would mean that Guzzi in North America... HAVE NO STOCK of parts for the motorcycles that they sell. If any one could let me know I would appreciate it.
Signed: Quickly coming to the end of my rope with the lack of support up here in Canada. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

The US warehouse is absolutely open and stocks most parts in Georgia. Perhaps if there is an odd item they don't, or out of stock, then you'd be in a bind in Aug., yes.

Thank you Todd I figured they were open,it just makes no sense for them to be closed. I fear my Guzzi owning days may be drawing to a close as the amount of bullshit I'm being fed up here is becoming unpalatable. The parts in question are a r/h cam box ,camshaft , innner and outer carc bearings and the boots for the carc. But I guess Canada is in a parallel universe as the importers reality seems to be different to the rest of the world. Ultimately I'm being strung a line as they are open! Not closed like Italy.
FBC

Problem is Baloches they will be getting the parts from the same place I'm dealing with, unless they have it on their shelf.
FBC

mate, why not just order the parts from MPH or someone like that? At least you might get a straight answer as to wether the parts are at least in the country.

Why do you need boots for the CARC? They are re-useable unless damaged. If it is because the stupid single use clips? They can be replaced with the clips from the CV boots of small common cars. Bearings are standard sizes but make sure you get the good-'uns.

Are the cam-box and camshaft warranty bits? I assume they are. If so don't forget you'll need new tappets too as running a new cam with used tappets is a no-no.

FWIW cams and tappets are in stock in Oz but the cambox isn't.

I'm pretty sure that MPH/Speakers/Moto International could get you the bits quick enough as long as they are in the USA. The cambox is the kicker.

Pete

They figure they'll bugger the boots up and who knows if they are going to replace the tappets( why is it a no no? won't wear properly together?) Ya see , I can't get straight answers from them if I could I probably wouldn't have an issue. Oh and I'm not ordering parts! from MPH or anyone else. 3100k and 5 months old, I can't do their job for them. I've pretty much decided this has to end. It will most likely be for sale once,it's fixed. Unfortunately I will not rely on such incompetence to save my bacon many many miles from home,which is what I bought the bike for to take me far from home. It has not earned my trust and the dealer importer is shit and they think I'm stupid... an unworkable situation. I wanted an Italian bike since I was 15, I got one and this is how it's ending. Sucks , all they need to do is care.
FBC

Shame, but I can understand your frustration.

Running used tappets with a new cam is always a no-no. If the tappets are really 'Young' you *might* get away with it but in this situation you shouldn't have to. It's a new bike. It's not even as if its the dealer's problem as the parts will, or should be, paid for by Piaggio. If the dealer can't see that or worse yet doesn't have a mechanic that knows the most basic tennets of valvetrain technology then I'm afraid I'm with you. sell it and move on.

The sad thing is that the 8V Griso is a superb bike if it is set up right. All of the problems I hear of are simply due to poor set up or a seeming refusal on the aprt of dealers to DEAL with it!

you, the end customer, has bought the bike. if it fails then it should be fixed. You ask the dealer, they shoud do the diagosis and ordering and then just flick-pass it up the line. The bucjk stops with Piaggio. I couldn't give a shit if they are out of pocket. That is NOT MY PROBLEM. FWIW in any case other than a complete engine meltdown or other major disaster I always do the job and then sort out the shit later. Most of the warranty stuff I see, (And remember I'm only a service agent, I make no money from selling the bikes! More's the pity!) is pretty small and inconsequential or is so monumental in t's nature there is no hope of warranty being refused. Either way I know I'm not going to be out of pocket by any huge amount.

Biznizz is Bizznizz. I far preffer happy customers who come back than pissed off ones who disappear and then badmouth me, the brand and anybody else who gets in the way of the frag. My business is VERY small but so are my overheads. Thing is that if you want to make money out of selling stuff you've got to try and get it right. Don't worry, there are lots of people who hate me too. They would hate anyone though unless they bought them a new bike every year and serviced it for free. I can live without their custom!

Pete

PS. Why would they damage the boots taking them off? All you do is release the clips and pull 'em off. It's not rocket science! They won't like the cost of a new boot kit either! they are stupidly expensive! $400 or something equally idiotic over here!

Pete: It's a Stelvio by the way, that's what I figured with the tappets, I really couldn't tell you if they will change them,I asked and got gibberish as an answer so I'd say it's a no. Yeah the boots are reusable, it's this kind of shit plus the parts ordering fiasco and the lack of straight answers and or no communication as to the status that make me think it's time to cut my losses and cut it free. The problem is in this country everthing goes through these guys... and that's a shame. 'Cause with this the case Guzzi are going to fail up here...again. Unfortunately I'm being backed into a corner.
FBC

Hmmmm I've been thinking (as you do) about your plight while pre-delivering a customer's new printing machine today...

The thing that strikes me is that this story has been played out over and over again on this board and it seems to usually have a positive outcome - evene if it takes a while and quite a bit of agro.

So the real question is then given that lots of the Breva/Norge/Grisso and to a lesser extent Stelvio are starting to get a few miles/K's under the belt what will be the long term reliability of the machinery?

Guzzi's from what I can see being a nOob owner, have a long term fundamental reliability based primarily on a degree of over engineering, but tempered with some annoying known maintenance issues.

So I wonder if history will view the current crop of "newer" bikes in the same light - if this is indeed the case then after any "new bike" gremlins are sorted out (for example a technically non warranty CARC failure in my case, and maybe like yours Frosty) then the bike should be a keeper - not saying or judging - just wondering. Time (and miles/kays) will be the only way to know for sure, but IMHO the signs are good, I have not seen any reports of bikes with upwards of 30-40,000 KM having catastrophic failures like yours that would mean dealing with the BS that you are having to put up with.

Sorry if I'm rambling - third glass of wine and I'm anybody's. :unsure:

I don't doubt that in the least Mike, But I'm not sure I'm prepared to do everything myself and source every from the US on a brand new bike which for the first couple years I shouldn't have to. I just paid 20,000 for this!
FBC

I'm not saying that you should, a brand new bike should be fixed - pronto no arguments. What I am wondering is if when (and I am sure it's a when) it's sorted the bike will then be reliable enough to be a keeper? Big question, but one that has relevance to me and my looooong distance travel plans.

Mike/Pete: I'm told the parts are on the way from the US. Funny they must have opened up again. Yes Pete they are replacing the tappets, lso getting them to check on l/h cam. Stupid thing here is ,All I did was ask were they able to get the parts out of the US... a week ago. Should have just answered me, one way or the other. Wouldn't have been in the shop last Sat. all pissed off at them. Mike we'll see what happens now, I hope the bike will behave and they will try to redeem themselves,'cause I would really like to hang on to it.
FBC

Back