• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Hepco & Becker Saddlebags on Cal-14

Hobie

Just got it firing!
I just picked up a low mileage 2014 California 1400 Custom and am looking to put some quick release leather bags on it. From what I can tell Hepco & Becker C-bows are probably the best option? It's hard to find any pictures on the web of MG 1400s or Eldorados with leather bags (besides the Eldo MG bags) Are there any Italian options still out there? Would the 2017 MG Audace bags fit a 2014 Custom?

I just picked up a low mileage 2014 California 1400 Custom and am looking to put some quick release leather bags on it. From what I can tell Hepco & Becker C-bows are probably the best option? It's hard to find any pictures on the web of MG 1400s or Eldorados with leather bags (besides the Eldo MG bags) Are there any Italian options still out there? Would the 2017 MG Audace bags fit a 2014 Custom?

Mine with Buffalo bags, you can get them studded or plain. 30ltr or 35ltr, the bigger ones are wider. Top quality and thicker leather than most on the market.

Attachments

• Buffalo bags.jpg
    Buffalo bags.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Mrmerlin, are the C bow mounts in any way adjustable in terms of distance from the bike on the Eldo? In other words, can you mount them closer to the bike?

No these mounts bolt into the inside fender frame,
the metal bracket is thus clear of the tire when it compresses,
Also the bag mount locking part is external and its between the fender and the mount ,
so a little clearance is necessary to lock it

I replaced the forward bolt inside the fender mount with a bolt that was 5MM longer as it was too short to gain purchase

Thanks, Mrmerlin, that's what I suspected. I was hoping to adapt this system to my vintage cop boxes but that's hanging way to far out. Back to square 1/fabricating.

Thanks, Mrmerlin, that's what I suspected. I was hoping to adapt this system to my vintage cop boxes but that's hanging way to far out. Back to square 1/fabricating.

Here's a photo of the HB mounting framework and as you can see another reason the bags are pushed out is the rear shocks. It would be possible to cut, bend and re-weld to get them closer if you are not using the external lock and if you wanted to go that route.

IMG 0047 Hb

Thanks, John L, that visual is really helpful. It looks like the shock is the big obstacle.

View attachment 12756 H&B Buffalo Bags (30L) on my 2014 Cali Custom . Pricey, but I think they look great and love the C-Bow connections that allow for quick, clean removal if/when desired.

Dan
Hi there - just been trawling old posts to try and find exactly the look you have here - can I ask what top box that is please? I have found a few that look like that but they all say they dont come with any fixings, but then dont say where can get the fixings! My MG Cali already has a H&B luggage rack on it, so just need the fixings to attach the top box

Check out the range of Givi products for top box. They do a monolock and a monokey.

I prefer the monolock, as it provides means to attach a small bag instead of a top box.

i ended up getting bags from Vargas Garage 642 in Rimini Italy, he hand makes his bags and had a set he sized just for Moto Guzzi 1400s. At the time I got mine he didn’t have mounts I see he does now. I got my mounts from Agostoni Mandello which use a quick attach. It all fits very well and I think the look is spot on. 4F8720FE A24F 40B4 93FC 38E7E7EDEF2B

i ended up getting bags from Vargas Garage 642 in Rimini Italy, he hand makes his bags and had a set he sized just for Moto Guzzi 1400s. At the time I got mine he didn’t have mounts I see he does now. I got my mounts from Agostoni Mandello which use a quick attach. It all fits very well and I think the look is spot on.View attachment 25982
Those really look great. $$??

Back