• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Hi all from the UK.

MrGuzzi

Just got it firing!
Hi.

I'm a pretty much a life long motorcyclist. Been riding since my very early teens. Old Mobylette Moped at 16, then passed the UK bike test at 17.

1st motorbike was a BSA C15 250cc single . A lovely black and chrome beast. Cost all of £5.

I'm now 66 and officially retired. Still got a few old bikes in various stages of build. Or more truthfully in various stages of bits !!.

But reason im here is I am doing a little bit of research and learning as a precursor to getting a Guzzi. Have always wanted one since riding a friends probably around 35 years or so ago.

It was either a T3 or I think probably a 1000 SP. In a lovely light metallic blue colour. We swapped bike for the afternoon. He took my across the frame V twin shaft drive steed.. my Honda CX 500. Nearest I've got to a Guzzi so far... I had a BMW R100RT also at the time, loved that to, So amongst the many bike I've had over the years it's been fairly simple machines I love.

The Guzzi that I alway hankered after was a California. The T3 was really the only one I knew of back in the day. But long story short I want something that is a Guzzi and I prefer the older more simple bikes.

But with extra knowledge already gleaned from this fantastic site and forums I hoping I can find and afford a California II . Otherwise it looks like EV1100 might fit the bill. But not sure... that's the whole problem. Im a little unsure probably. too early to get more than one Guzzi at a time.. lol.

I have a Moto Guzzi dealer near home so will organise a test ride. He has a couple of the 1400 classics. They look superb. And I'm happy to travel to find the right bike.

Really looking forward to getting some help and advice from you all.

Sorry for the long winded intro, but im on 2 weeks holiday in Spain, and getting a little bored sitting about, so im doing something constructive like deciding what my next motorcycle should be.

Hope you all understand where im coming from.

Ssshh ! Don't tell the wife !

Cheers Paul.

Fun read Paul, welcome to the GT Forum! Love having long time riders here. The Cal Tonti is one of my favorites, you can see the journey with mine HERE. You won’t go wrong with an older or newer one (Cal Vin or Eagle made up to 2012). Enjoy the journey, and hope to see you on a Guzzi here soon. Cheers.

Complimenti e benvenuto!

I have always adored the California models.

The V-11 EV is an excellent motorcycle indeed. I’ve had 2 of them as well as an 1100i and a California II and California III. I have the 1400 Eldorado as well.

Currently I also have a California Vintage which is one of my favorites to ride still to this day!

Welcome & Enjoy!

Back