Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

High mileage stelvio

Discussion in 'Stelvio Chat & Tech' started by Gregg Nordby, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Gregg Nordby

Gregg Nordby Tuned and Synch'ed

i'm curious if anyone on this site owns or knows of any fairly high mileage Stelvio's between the 75,000 and 100,000 mile range?

2. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Yes, I know of several. @mohawkeye is one on here who posts.

3. Stevie

Stevie Cruisin' Guzzisti

I'm a bit over 49k miles on my 2013 Stelvio and its running better than ever. Doesn't use a drop of oil either.

4. Lannis

Lannis Cruisin' Guzzisti

Can only claim 44,000 ... just had the roller tappet upgrade, all else OK. No oil burning, no clutch noise, hoping it will continue that way for a looooong time ...

Lannis

5. mohawkeye

mohawkeye Cruisin' Guzzisti

I have a 73k+mi '09 Stelvio, which has never guzzled any oil either. Still have the flat tappets; 2 left exhaust tappets & cam replaced almost exactly 3 years ago. It's been running great!

No real excuses for being late to this party, 'cause I've been having lots of fun riding this, my other streetbike, and my recently acquired track bike :happy::devil:

beezer660 likes this.
  6. beezer660

beezer660 Just got it firing!

Thanks for posting the miles. As there are no dealers left within 250 miles of me, I have little prospect of getting my 09 Stelvio rollerized. Mine has 37,000 miles and I was just asking what anyone has experienced in terms of maximum miles with flat tappets. Hoping mine will hold together for as long as yours. Mine did spring the oil leak as a result of Guzzi not doing the groove right in the rear cover plate. That was a pricey fix and the dealer got so frustrated with it that he wouldn't help with the tappet problem. Since then, he has gone out of business. Good to know that at least one has survived that long with flat tappets. May I inquire as to your current mileage?

7. borch

borch Just got it firing!

Hi,
    I have 2008 bought new in 2010. Now the bike is 50k km with no big issues. Me and my workshop have checked few times data base of maintenance related to tappets issue. It looks like initial VIN bikes has good quality parts and were excluded from service action. My workshop is checking them every service and no issue with clearance etc.
    Regards,
    Sławek

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    beezer660 likes this.