• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

High mileage stelvio

Gregg Nordby

Tuned and Synch'ed
i'm curious if anyone on this site owns or knows of any fairly high mileage Stelvio's between the 75,000 and 100,000 mile range?

I'm a bit over 49k miles on my 2013 Stelvio and its running better than ever. Doesn't use a drop of oil either.

Can only claim 44,000 ... just had the roller tappet upgrade, all else OK. No oil burning, no clutch noise, hoping it will continue that way for a looooong time ...

Lannis

I have a 73k+mi '09 Stelvio, which has never guzzled any oil either. Still have the flat tappets; 2 left exhaust tappets & cam replaced almost exactly 3 years ago. It's been running great!

No real excuses for being late to this party, 'cause I've been having lots of fun riding this, my other streetbike, and my recently acquired track bike :happy::devil:

I have a 73k+mi '09 Stelvio, which has never guzzled any oil either. Still have the flat tappets; 2 left exhaust tappets & cam replaced almost exactly 3 years ago. It's been running great!

No real excuses for being late to this party, 'cause I've been having lots of fun riding this, my other streetbike, and my recently acquired track bike :happy::devil:
Thanks for posting the miles. As there are no dealers left within 250 miles of me, I have little prospect of getting my 09 Stelvio rollerized. Mine has 37,000 miles and I was just asking what anyone has experienced in terms of maximum miles with flat tappets. Hoping mine will hold together for as long as yours. Mine did spring the oil leak as a result of Guzzi not doing the groove right in the rear cover plate. That was a pricey fix and the dealer got so frustrated with it that he wouldn't help with the tappet problem. Since then, he has gone out of business. Good to know that at least one has survived that long with flat tappets. May I inquire as to your current mileage?

Hi,
I have 2008 bought new in 2010. Now the bike is 50k km with no big issues. Me and my workshop have checked few times data base of maintenance related to tappets issue. It looks like initial VIN bikes has good quality parts and were excluded from service action. My workshop is checking them every service and no issue with clearance etc.
Regards,
Sławek

Last edited:
Back