• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Hill Climb advice wanted

scatterist

Just got it firing!
Hi

I've entered a hill climb on a Griso 1100 - first time racing - any advice? :?

James :woohoo:

Make sure to get a video and pics so that you can remember what your Griso used to look like before it rolled down a hill

Moto510 said:
Make sure to get a video and pics so that you can remember what your Griso used to look like before it rolled down a hill

hahaha....ahahahaaa

I like you Moto 510

scatterist said:
any advice?

If Jim Bronson could do it right off the street, I see no reason why a Griso wouldn't do as well...
thencamebronson.jpg

Just what I wanted Daniel....moto made me laugh but I need some encouragement....I have no idea who Jim Bronson is but the picture is cool....best wishes

James

I thought that you were talking about this kind of hill climb racing
hillclimb_bikest1.jpg

But for the kind of hill climb your going to do I'd get a good set of tires and some leathers with good armor in them and start looking for some hills to practice on.

Daniel Kalal said:
scatterist said:
any advice?

If Jim Bronson could do it right off the street, I see no reason why a Griso wouldn't do as well...
thencamebronson.jpg

Jim Bronson was a character played by Michael Parks in a US TV show back in the 70s. Rode from town to town, getting into and out of trouble. Like a western, just a motorcycle instead of a horse.

I have done a couple of hill climbs on one day race licences on a Guzzi, one at Bryn Bach Park in South Wales on my 1100 Sport Corsa, and one at Strata Florida in Mid Wales on my V11 Rosso Corsa.

I was able to beat a few "faster" bikes on each occasion but obviously a Guzzi is never going to be the quickest thing up the hill- there may be CR500 motocrossers or mental GSXR1000 specials for example.

I am sure you will be fine, and have a great laugh, but one thing to realise is that the hill climb tracks have nothing like the safety provisions of a regular race track- for example the short finish straight at Bryn Bach had a barbed wire fence and a pile of bricks at the end if you did not slam the anchors down in time, so some extra respect is often needed for the courses.

If it is the same rules these days, no tyre warmers allowed so some competitors do burn outs on the line- I never bothered myself. It is also worth getting there early and walking up the track, so you can get a clear idea of your line in your mind before practice runs.

You'll probably get much better advice from some of the regulars who do it week after week.

Good luck, and please let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Guy

Hey Guy

thanks for a cool post....I'll update thanks for your advice......Moto that's a cool picture and so is the one of Bronson....hill race is at Harewood Leeds UK

http://www.nhca.co.uk/Home/nhca.htm

Sunday 29th August.....hope I make it to the 30th

best wishes

James

Sunday 29th August.....hope I make it to the 30th

well....at least the top ;-) haha...hahaaa

james :pinch:

Back