Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Honda Ride Assist

Discussion in 'Dumpster Fire' started by canuck1969, Jan 6, 2017.

1. canuck1969

canuck1969 GT Reference GT Contributor

I am usually not one for more electronics on a bike, but this is something that I can see being useful as we all get older. Gone are the days of trying to balance a heavy bike. Never could see my self on a 3 wheeler. Looks like there may be another solution.

2. abbienormal

abbienormal High Miler GT Famiglia

I saw this. The one thing I really like is no gyros. Not sure how that electric rake change will hold up under heavy braking and a few years of rough roads. Definitely some different thinking. My biggest concern is if motorcycles become self driving like cars are becoming then almost all reasons for riding will be gone. However, so will I by then.

3. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

I am not surprised Honda has figured out another way to take the fun out of motorcycling.
    I recently sold a Honda, I owned it for about two years, it had a DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) and that was a clever bit of kit. But once the new wore off it I got bored. But I sold it to a friend who is fairly new to riding and I think the DCT and ABS will be of more use to her then it was to me.
    Back to the point of the thread, I can't imagine Guzzi EVER making a bike that can balance itself. If they did, who would want it?

4. StormShearon

StormShearon Cruisin' Guzzisti

I think it is way cool. Also, from the article I read, it only works at 3 MPH or less, so it would seem to be a boon at low speed\parking lot maneuvers for folks who have aged a bit (us old farts).