• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Horn upgrade

hhkiwi

Tuned and Synch'ed
The stock horn on the B12S (as most bikes’ stock horns) is merely a beeper suitable only for gently raising the awareness of motorists who are already reasonably attentive. Getting through to the ever increasing number of cagers moving across lanes while texting, talking on the phone, attending to their makeup or hair, or listening to music at levels that makes the panels shake was nigh impossible with the stock horn. So I upgraded my horn to a Stebel Nautilus air horn and am pleased to report that I no longer appear to struggle to draw attention to my presence when needed.

The upgrade required a custom bracket but was straight forward otherwise. The air horn is much bigger than the stock horn but by painting it flat black it does not impact unduly on the bike’s lines.

P1110781_zpsd9211c1f.jpg

I have one too, they are just a tad better at raising awareness.
Beware the relay they supply with it, made in Italy, mine failed after a very short time, just at a critical moment.

Thanks Brian. I decided to buy the plug-and-play harness kit for the horn which came with a quality relay so I didn't use the relay that came with the horn. The harness kit was well worth the extra $30 - it made installation so much easier!

Nice solution. I am grateful to have a Stebel on my Norge. In fact, it's so effective, except in emergencies, I have to be careful where I am in relation to the "offending vehicle" lest the distracted -- and now very focused! -- driver over-reacts.

My mounting approach a few years ago was harder -- I do that to all simple things! :whistle:

http://tinyurl.com/Stebelizing-Norge

Bill

Funny you should post this, just the other day my wife and I were passing an older guy on the B1100 when he decided to change lanes. I pinned the horn but he never heard me, I had to brake to avoid him.. I used to have a Stebel Nautilus on my Triumph Spint ST and was very impressed with it's presence. I was trying to figure out where to install one on my B11, Thanks for the idea, any chance you could post a pic of the bracket you made and the mounting points you used? Thanks!! :D

Sorry, I didn't take a photo of the bracket prior to mounting it and there's nothing to see on the bike with the horn attached.

The bracket is essentially made from a piece of aluminum L profile, I think 4" x 2" x 1/8", notched in the right places for the horn and the bike. I used the two lower oil cooler mounting points to attach it.

I mounted my Stebel Compact Nautilus in the tank wings on either side of the tank.

I had to split the compressor from the trumpet. The compressor is on the left side, zip-tied to the coil bracket but mostly just sitting between the bracket and the tank wing (non-slip rubber matting protects the paint from the metal compressor). 5/16" clear tubing and two 90-degree tubing fittings connect the compressor to the trumpet zip-tied in the left tank wing. Of course, there's a relay and 12 ga. wiring direct from the battery. The is a slight (half a second) delay for the compressor to drive the trumpet due to the tubing length.

I'll always have a Stebel on my bike - cheap upgrade and it sounds great in the garage! I also added the full-size Nautilus to both cars!

BTW, the black ceramic pipes look awesome!

P1110781_zpsd9211c1f.jpg

Tom

Tried a similar fitting last night onoly to find the horn hitting the mudguard under hard braking. Dunno why mine does that and yours dosent. :(

Back