Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - we've been proud to harbor such wonderful Guzzisti camaraderie since 2005, for FREE. Times have changed, and so have the attitudes and expectations of far too many. Starting Jan 1, 2020, we will likely be shifting to a pay to participate format. You will still be able to read for free. This should alleviate all of the opinionated negativity that the free social media channels have created. If you are a donor or customer of ours, you're in, just use the Contact tab above if your account is not already promoted, or you can Upgrade your account once signed in. Or the Donate tab above is another option. We look forward to continuing this service to the Guzzi community, but it is not cheap or easy to host and maintain. We wish you the best for the Holidays and in the New Year.

HOW FAST

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by Smartleynz, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Rickhinnz

Rickhinnz Tuned and Synch'ed

Tried that many years ago. Does not work. Ticket to prove

2. Bigbear

Bigbear Cruisin' Guzzisti

Hi Kiwi Dave,
    Yes active, but this was a long time ago when radar detectors were in their infancy, & bikes didn't have an ECU.
    Bit like radar jammers, thought up by someone trying to combat the rules.
    I have had Rocky Road detectors in my vehicles, that are meant to "jam" the first few radar pings only, so it's warning chirp lets you quickly get the right side of the limit & it has worked for me; but bike riding is 100% concentration of the road, so I'm not interested & don't want to be distracted by such things.
    My friend has one with the light inside his helmet, but new European cars have built in detectors that set the thin off.
    I prefer to drive by sight & stay alert, so I am about to try an early version of a "jammer" only, which you turn on only when you think the Occassion requires - don't know how I'll test it really?

3. Bigbear

Bigbear Cruisin' Guzzisti

Thanks Rickhiinz,
    The Aussie boys must have being doing it regularly for the law to have being on to them - so a lot must have got tickets!

4. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

Good luck there, they can ping you even before you can see them.

5. Skipper

Skipper Tuned and Synch'ed

I'd be very interested in the numbers you get when you finally do your runs.
    I've got Todd's fuelling kit, open air box, mufflers and ECU reflash as well as ported and polished heads but haven't been to the drags yet.
    Let me know !
    Cheers

6. Smartleynz

Smartleynz Tuned and Synch'ed

Sorry for late reply, Drags were rained off, bummer for a small club who go to massive effort to stage the day and the cost of approval, medics and road closure really hurts them, so no drag info sorry, maybe next year.

7. dawdish

dawdish Just got it firing!

118 slight up hill @ 6800 ft elevation. a bit disappointing. My Le Mann did 133 in the same spot and sooner.

8. Clayton Sietsema

Clayton Sietsema Cruisin' Guzzisti

Wow! Cortez Colorado, I love stopping there and eating at the Ute Cafe. That's on our way to our place in Utah. At least 2 or 3 times a year.... Sorry, a little off topic.

9. roadventure

roadventure High Miler GT Famiglia

This kind of thread always seems to get started on motorcycle forums and they always give me a chuckle. Guys, this is designed to be a touring bike, not a race bike.

Moto_Max likes this.
  10. Perk5560

Perk5560 Tuned and Synch'ed

Heck, they have bed races, lawn mower races, races with people on their hand and knees pushing eggs with a spoon in their mouth among many others Racing is racing no matter how you do it or what you're on.

MikeT68 and sir fred like this.