Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

How lame I have become...

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by profwacko, Oct 2, 2010.

1. profwacko

profwacko Cruisin' Guzzisti

I have tried and tried, but I cannot seem to get the fuel tank quick disconnect (an oxymoron if there ever was one) on my Griso 1100 to come loose.

I know that I have had it apart before, but I just can't seem to remember the secret handshake required to make it happen.

Can anyone out there in Griso-land lend a little expertise?

ADVthanksANCE

-Jack

2. draidt

draidt GT Reference GT Contributor

Support the back of the red elbow with one hand then push the line with the gray connector using your palm and the last three fingers of your hand line toward the elbow, squeeze the gray connector with two remaining fingers (thumb and forefinger), pull off. It is exactly like disconnecting an air pressure connector.

3. Belfastguzzi

Belfastguzzi Tuned and Synch'ed

It's a hateful, hateful thing.

Depressurising the fuel line first, has been recommended. I guess that means disconnecting the ignition leads at whichever end is easiest and hitting the start button.

4. profwacko

profwacko Cruisin' Guzzisti

>>air pressure connector
    I totally agree in principle, but the movement on the parts on the fuel connector is so slight, it is difficult to detect when it has actually let go.

I futzed and futzed and cursed and futzed some more, only to notice that I had gotten gasoline on my fingers.

Right after that, it just slid off, and I don't know why.

Anyway, thanks for the replies.

-Jack

5. rguzz

rguzz Tuned and Synch'ed

Yeah its difficult, even with correct technique. The fuel pipes are too stiff, easily creased, and too short when lifting tank up. So what you do is rip it all off (except red elbow), replace with a flexible fuel hose of any suitable length, and held by 2 small stainless steel jubilee type clips to red elbow. Now I can lift tank higher, chock it on frame with little bits of wood, and disconnect at leisure.
    I use the very same s.s.clips to replace the shitty hose clamps elsewhere on bike.
    Also I replaced the 2 weak breather hoses at bottom of G8V with something more substantial, and hey presto, no pressurisation. It works for me, hope it does for you.

6. GuzziHero

GuzziHero Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

My annoyance is those bloody breather things on the back!

What it took to do a simple task - checking the immobiliser aerial routing

Tank off - 35 mins (because of farting with the fuel pipe)
    Placing tank back on - 20 mins
    Replacing the two breathers - 1h 30mins and half my remaining braincells.

7. pete roper

pete roper GT Godfather!

Make sure you use EFI fuel hose! Using 'Any Old' hose will result in it splitting down the track.

Pete

8. double.d

double.d Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Yes it is a good idea to change the fuel lines.

I don't bother with the connector anymore, I just unscrew the injectors and take the whole lot off connected to the tank.

9. Spaceclam

Spaceclam Cruisin' Guzzisti

IF you look closely at the elbow, you will find there are four little barbs that hold onto the fuel line. These barbs can be accessed through the relief cut in the front the elbow, where the line goes in.

Go get four toothpicks and wedge them underneath the barbs, to hold them open.

Fuel line slips right out.

10. Belfastguzzi

Belfastguzzi Tuned and Synch'ed

Yeh, I did all of that too.

The fuel lines were not only creased, but were splitting. I've posted the pics on here before.
    Damage was all thanks to the service agent.

Oh yeah: and the red fuel pump elbow broke too. Junkus horibilus.