• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

How to make people aware of our online Store?

Thanks. For those that don't know me well... I was a contributor to Cycle World Mag a decade ago. I still assist on occasion, and I'm still very good friends with everyone there. They will be doing a feature on my 820 Racer II-4V. I am also good friends with Kevin Duke, and have been offering (for about a year) for him to come stay and ride/test, to no avail. A free trip to Mandello for the V9 is somehow seemingly more important. ;)
This doesn't help the fact that people don't know about the Store that post here. Even current customers fail to say anything most of the time. When I see posts, they usually say "got it from Todd" or similar. I'm working on a small picture ad on each page. Keep the ideas coming.

Hey Bug, just visited your Blog, looks like fun. I saw the "I've upped my Standards" logo, can we get that as a decal?

Cheers! As for the sticker, I found it via Adventure Rider. An inmate there that goes by the hanlde Penderic (click to view) made it. Not sure if he makes them as vinyl stickers or not but feel free to send him an email. Ride safe!

Last edited:
This might sound stupid, but have you thought about doing a blog or having a few of the people here do a blog? Hear me out.

If you do a blog about Guzzi News and information and sprinkle in new parts and pieces in here you could get a lot of eyes on a lot of different products because they are naturally coming to you to read about Guzzi news. It'd also create very easily linkable sections on the site that go into detail about products that a quick "production page" might not necessarily have in such detail.

For example, one of my favorite sites is MacRumors. I read the site daily and have been going there for articles since around 2004. With MacRumors, it started of strictly as rumors (as the name states), but quickly started moving on to tech information on products that were already released, company reports, talking about new commercials, etc. Here are some good examples of tech breakdowns - Sample 1, Sample 2. What's great about it is they then do giveaways, and product reviews, and even bundled sales.

So not only are they getting paid revenue through readers visiting their site, their getting paid promotions, and their getting click through links for products. It also helps being able to share the links that come with such a detailed page about the product being shared. I have shared many articles on Macrumors because of the simple and easy way to show someone a new program or new products to compliment their computers.

With that all said, perhaps you could have a blog that some of the forum members keep up with new Guzzi news, give away a few items at cost with the stipulation that the selected forum member will write a very detailed article with nice pictures like this. It will also create really great SEO for when someone searches "GT-RX Moto Guzzi Exhaust install" on google and they will find the blog article that then links to a comment section like this which will only lead to more sharing of and discussing of items.

This might sound stupid, but have you thought about doing a blog or having a few of the people here do a blog? Hear me out.

If you do a blog about Guzzi News and information and sprinkle in new parts and pieces in here you could get a lot of eyes on a lot of different products because they are naturally coming to you to read about Guzzi news. It'd also create very easily linkable sections on the site that go into detail about products that a quick "production page" might not necessarily have in such detail.

For example, one of my favorite sites is MacRumors. I read the site daily and have been going there for articles since around 2004. With MacRumors, it started of strictly as rumors (as the name states), but quickly started moving on to tech information on products that were already released, company reports, talking about new commercials, etc. Here are some good examples of tech breakdowns - Sample 1, Sample 2. What's great about it is they then do giveaways, and product reviews, and even bundled sales.

So not only are they getting paid revenue through readers visiting their site, their getting paid promotions, and their getting click through links for products. It also helps being able to share the links that come with such a detailed page about the product being shared. I have shared many articles on Macrumors because of the simple and easy way to show someone a new program or new products to compliment their computers.

With that all said, perhaps you could have a blog that some of the forum members keep up with new Guzzi news, give away a few items at cost with the stipulation that the selected forum member will write a very detailed article with nice pictures like this. It will also create really great SEO for when someone searches "GT-RX Moto Guzzi Exhaust install" on google and they will find the blog article that then links to a comment section like this which will only lead to more sharing of and discussing of items.

Hey Poppe! This is a great idea & has proven successful for a lot of company's both large & small.

BUT (always a but) Todd & I both own "small" businesses & even tho I have never met Todd or even been to his shops I know how busy he is & how time consuming what you propose is. (TODD: If I am overstepping boundries here feel free to delete this post)

The downside to starting something like that is that once started "the public" expects it & if you stop or don't keep up with it the way the public expects then the rumors fly.

I know this from personal experience in my own business & "social media".

For this to be effective for GuzziTech it would have to a community supported project & Todd's involvement kept to a minimum.

Maybe start a new thread on this forum and ask if people would be willing to put forth a one year agenda of topics then bounce it off Todd for approval.

Just my thoughts.

Thanks Trout. Poppe, wondering how you found us here? As noted above, I am incredibly busy both here and in opening up my new shop an hour away... as well as my other personal/business/life. This website and social media posts keep me as about as busy as I can deal with right now (typically 18+ hours/day). I would certainly need someone to head up any other time consuming activities, and this website seems to me to be a blog of sorts. Blogs seem to be ego-driven/self-serving and a real turn-off personally, but I have seen them done correctly.
My original post on this subject has to do with those arriving here and being completely unaware of my offerings on this site/Store, and/or posts that link people away from this site, often for either competing products or exactly the same products I offer here... or worse yet are the posts here or on other sites where it's stated simply "got it from Todd..." which likely means nothing to most.

I'm open to whatever, but it can't consume any more of my very limited time. This site is barely financially self-supporting, and my other life outside of this site is what keeps me afloat; ToddEagan.com

Hey Poppe! This is a great idea & has proven successful for a lot of company's both large & small.

BUT (always a but) Todd & I both own "small" businesses & even tho I have never met Todd or even been to his shops I know how busy he is & how time consuming what you propose is. (TODD: If I am overstepping boundries here feel free to delete this post)

The downside to starting something like that is that once started "the public" expects it & if you stop or don't keep up with it the way the public expects then the rumors fly.

I know this from personal experience in my own business & "social media".

For this to be effective for GuzziTech it would have to a community supported project & Todd's involvement kept to a minimum.

Maybe start a new thread on this forum and ask if people would be willing to put forth a one year agenda of topics then bounce it off Todd for approval.

Just my thoughts.

Hey Trout,

Absolutely. It would be an endeavor like no others. I was just trying to offer an idea that might be a little out there, but still something I think would achieve what Todd was thinking.

Thanks Trout. Poppe, wondering how you found us here? As noted above, I am incredibly busy both here and in opening up my new shop an hour away... as well as my other personal/business/life. This website and social media posts keep me as about as busy as I can deal with right now (typically 18+ hours/day). I would certainly need someone to head up any other time consuming activities, and this website seems to me to be a blog of sorts. Blogs seem to be ego-driven/self-serving and a real turn-off personally, but I have seen them done correctly.
My original post on this subject has to do with those arriving here and being completely unaware of my offerings on this site/Store, and/or posts that link people away from this site, often for either competing products or exactly the same products I offer here... or worse yet are the posts here or on other sites where it's stated simply "got it from Todd..." which likely means nothing to most.

I'm open to whatever, but it can't consume any more of my very limited time. This site is barely financially self-supporting, and my other life outside of this site is what keeps me afloat; ToddEagan.com

Hey Todd, do you mean how I found the thread or how I found the site? If by site, I found it through reddit.com/r/motoguzzi and feverishly trying to consume as much details about Moto Guzzi's and if the V7 was right for me (I've decided it was). Through many MG searches your name kept popping up which lead me to find your site and then these forums (and this thread).

I hope you didn't find my thoughts out of turn or in disrespect. I admire all the work you do. Through all my forum searching, I kept finding a common theme that on the parts pages for MGs (not just yours) I wasn't understanding exactly how this exhaust worked or that bracket screwed on (I'm not exactly a gear head), so when I saw this thread, I was only trying to make a suggestion that I thought might solve your question of helping make people aware of your offerings, while making things quite linkable for future conversations through out the forums. I definitely know what you mean about the "got it from Todd..." sayings that I keep seeing here and in other forums, youtube videos and social media. I kept wondering "who is this mythical Todd person that has all this great stuff."

And you are absolutely right on how much handwork it would take to make such a blog post site. It would be insane at first. That's why I mentioned, maybe you could have a few of the dedicated forum members be your authors of articles. And I also understand the ego driving self serving type idea of blogs and how you definitely would not want that to happen. I don't think it would in this particular case, but it would be something to monitor.

Considering your last name I think you should ask Peter Eagan to test ride one of your modified bikes. A Guzzi should be to his liking and you could get some magazine exposure.

Edit: My mistake. I just looked and he spells his last name Egan.

Last edited:
Some stunning products in Todd's store, have show many friends here the link to the store

Only problem for us is the cost of shipping to the UK, plus the import duty and then getting hammered 20% tax on top

That said someone comes over to the Uk with spare luggage space let me know ;-)

Sadly, I don't think you're going to stop people using your expertise and then buying elsewhere. Personally I think it's very bad form to do that, but it seems to be acceptable practice to some people.

As for improving awareness to the shop itself, could you use the space next to the guzzitech logo at the top of the page, or alongside the guzzi rentals banner to add in a permanent link to the shop. I appreciate you'd rather maximum exposure for your rentals business, and messing with the site structure probably isn't and easy job anyway, but just a thought. Also, because the shop tab disappears into the hamburger list when viewing portrait on iPad Or on a mobile phone, it's not readily clear that there is a shop for those that view a lot on mobiles. Again, you've probably decided it should be this way so apologies if I'm stating the obvious and unnecessary suggestion.
Could you include a more obvious link in the form of a 3rd image next to the dondolino and mgs-01? I appreciate you don't like gratuitous advertising but maybe it would enhance shop exposure automatically everytime you post. Again, appreciate you've already got a link there, just thought a shop type image might make more impact.

As you quite understandably can't afford to spend more time giving to others on this site (which is excellent as it is), the onus needs to come from everyone else, so do you think you could improve the "got it from Todd" scenario by sending a mass message to all forum users (if it's quick and easy to do) explaining your concerns over the shop and asking them to post their thoughts/reviews etc on anything they've bought. You'd have a lot of new posts about the shop which although possibly a bit tedious to some might start a change in the way folk talk about shop purchases, how it's improved their Guzzi etc. I'm sure most users here would be happy to do their bit, to repay all the excellent and generous work you do here.
And on that score, apologies I've not been very active here. I will however be treating myself to one of your fuelling goodies from the store, once I've got the funds and got my head around the technicalities and what's best for my Griso. As GuzziV65TT said, you have some superb products that deserve more exposure. Definitely worth the purchase to benefit from your expertise on some items, even with the horrendous extra taxes we have to pay here in the UK.

Good luck with finding a solution to the store exposure.

Sadly, I don't think you're going to stop people using your expertise and then buying elsewhere. Personally I think it's very bad form to do that, but it seems to be acceptable practice to some people.

That is the nature of the beast when you create a public forum. I personally do not see any issues with this as people can spend their money where and how they see fit. I should state that Todd has earned my business (and many others) by providing excellent service to any questions...it's now just a matter of freeing up the funds to make the purchase I'd like.

I have an even greater respect for Todd due to the fact that he created this forum in the first place. It's an excellent resource for newcomers like myself and seasoned veteran riders.

After searching Google for several months and watching YouTube videos, I have discovered one thing. The popular brands promote themselves on YouTube/Google. I have no idea what the expense is, but after seeing several commercials in the matter of 20 minutes, I found myself exploring the site (regardless if they supported Moto Guzzi or not). Another tip I have is to research the other online stores that support Moto Guzzi and see what they did. Some sites provide video reviews on all products they carry and some just have a ridiculously large selection of aftermarket parts. Lastly, and I can't believe I'm saying this, cater to the hipsters. Style is key to them and money is generally no subject (at least here in Toronto).

Anyways, just a nickel's worth of advice (pennies are worthless here in Canada).

-Chris

PS. Take advantage of the fact that probably 90% of the people in Canada order aftermarket parts from Europe or the US...

Along the lines of the store problem. As has been stated it would be nice to pick the bike first then the parts. I am going to put new plug wires on my Norge 4V (8V) and was curious if Todd had some special thing so I hopped on to look. Hmmm, under electronics or other bits? Now if I could put in my bike and everything that fit it came up I would peruse the list and maybe see something I was not even thinking of to blow my cash on.

Now you have my $0.04 worth (2 entries).

I should add, having video of exhaust sound could potentially go a long way. The images are great, but I think adding a sound clip would seal the deal for a lot of people sitting on the fence (Italian vs. hand made in the USA).

Todd How about a link from the forum to your You Tube page & if you do the Face book thing.

I never thought about it but I did not know you had a youtube site until I bought your Griso & wanted to hear the exhaust sound.
I was hoping to find somebody that had installed that particular system & there you were.

I'd add the link at the top of this page & maybe on the opening page of the store,

Todd Can you get your store pages to display more products?

I was just playing there to see what all you had available & I was in the section for saddlebags & realized that there was 39 pages!

I am by nature not a "shopper" so when I do web store buying I always get the page to display as many products as possible so I can scan them quickly.

You should post some maintenance and part install how-to videos on your Youtube channel with links to your store.

Shops that sell Land Rover parts do this to both help people with diy service and advertise for the parts they sell. Someone may not even be aware of the GuzziTech site but a how-to video linked on wildguzzi or advrider can lead them back to your site. If you don't have the time/resources to make these videos yourself, you could offer a discount to buyers who would do it for you.

AdventureSpec is another example: part reviews, moto news, and they co-sponsor Lyndon Poskitt's RTW tour. I found out about them b/c I follow Lyndon on Facebook and have now subscribed to their YouTube channel.

Posting more on Facebook could also help. Join Stelvio Owners, Moto Guzzi National Owners, Guzzi V7... etc people often ask questions about parts and servicing and you could point them toward your videos and store.

Develop your brand and a following on Instagram. I know you have an account. But like everything you only get what you put in. Having a brand ambassador to promote your products/services also yields paying customers and exposure.

Develop your brand and a following on Instagram. I know you have an account. But like everything you only get what you put in. Having a brand ambassador to promote your products/services also yields paying customers and exposure.
Yep, old post... working on this with my soon coming brand relaunch with GTMotoCycles.com

I'd recommend putting a catchy store banner on either side of the forum that tracks with the user when they scroll, so that it always appears on the left or right side as a user scrolls through various parts of the forum (this makes more sense in a computer browser than on a tablet or phone, but perhaps there are similar solutions that wouldn't be too obtrusive for these devices). Since I'd guess most users are looking for model-specific items, the next click after the store banner might open a select-your-model page, which then would lead to a filtered search for the user.

My 2 cents.

If they're like me (which I suspect lots of people are) readers often start on a bookmark to "New Posts", I think I've seen the
Main Page once at best. Perhaps adding that products info, including sales items, to the bottom of the New Posts page would help.
Excellent idea!! I also come straight to the "New Posts" page. I'll bet there are quite a few of us. The difference for me is that I already know where the shop is now, so that's where I always start looking for new farkles.

Just a minor idea: I have some of your GuzziTech stickers on my car (and my wife's car), but many people don't see what's written on them because of the colouring. The thin red lines on the brushed aluminium background just don't stand out. I think they're quite classy looking, but I'd agree that they don't really grab the eye.

All we satisfied users need to be sure to tell all and sundry about the great stuff form GuzziTech. Word-of-mouth advertising is 2nd to none. My new 2>2 exhaust system has already generated interest here, but as someone else has already stated, freight costs (at least to the "antipodes") are extortionate - not your fault, I know. I think the FleaBay idea has some merit.

Last edited:
Back