• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Hydraulic Clutch Adjustment for Stelvio and Others, Better Shifting

Can't get enough perpendicularity with screw driver to remove screw. Nut came off easy, but screw must have thread lock on it. Guard will have to come off. Not happening on a work week night :snooze:

What size allen does the grub screw take I don't seem to have the right size.

With almost 35,000 miles on my NTX, I have recently noticed some occasional shift lever resistance when shifting. My fix was to adjust the clutch lever to accommodate mechanical wear and provide a deeper stroke of the master cylinder piston to produce a more certain release of the clutch.

Remove the 10MM locknut from the bottom of the lever pivot pin screw and remove the screw.

Remove the lever from the handlebar perch and loosen the grub screw that secures the threaded master cylinder pushrod.

I put an index mark on the pushrod and threaded the pushrod out a couple of turns to tighten up the brake cylinder. Do this in careful increments and be sure to tighten the grub screw when finished.

Clean everything up, apply some new lubricant to the lever pivot pin and hole as well as the pivot connection of the pushrod and reinstall the lever. This may also be a good time to flush and bleed the system with new 5.1 fluid.

If you extend the pushrod too much, you will lose necessary minimal slack in the master cylinder piston that allows it to properly return in its stroke.

This adjustment method can be used to vary the clutch engagement point of the clutch lever either way, early or late. You can see the adjusting threads on the pushrod in this picture.

Uff I ve messed up this one, my pushrod clutch cylinder pin is broken any idea where is best to buy one please?
Thanks

Attachments

• 17129284280604897174791992941403.jpg
    17129284280604897174791992941403.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 1712928497189998860710412532314.jpg
    1712928497189998860710412532314.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 4
That pin is part of the clutch lever assembly. You have to order the complete clutch lever to get that pin.

That pin is part of the clutch lever assembly. You have to order the complete clutch lever to get that pin.
Hi Thanks for your reply
I have managed to get away with it, I've drilled old push pin out and also sized 2mm Alan screw, found M6 half threaded bolt (was lucky to have hardened steel one) And then locked it in my DeWalt drill spinning it full speed made a poor man lathe, philed it and sanded it to the shape of old one push pin, then re tap everything and fitted new little 3mm Alan screw, lots of thread lock on push pin thread as well and with little adjustments she is all sorted and new lovely set of CNC livers fitted.
I did call local MG dealer and new clutch leavier assembly costs £165

Hi Thanks for your reply
I have managed to get away with it, I've drilled old push pin out and also sized 2mm Alan screw, found M6 half threaded bolt (was lucky to have hardened steel one) And then locked it in my DeWalt drill spinning it full speed made a poor man lathe, philed it and sanded it to the shape of old one push pin, then re tap everything and fitted new little 3mm Alan screw, lots of thread lock on push pin thread as well and with little adjustments she is all sorted and new lovely set of CNC livers fitted.
I did call local MG dealer and new clutch leavier assembly costs £165
Necessity, the mother of invention!

Hi Thanks for your reply
I have managed to get away with it, I've drilled old push pin out and also sized 2mm Alan screw, found M6 half threaded bolt (was lucky to have hardened steel one) And then locked it in my DeWalt drill spinning it full speed made a poor man lathe, filed it and sanded it to the shape of old one push pin, then re tap everything and fitted new little 3mm Alan screw, lots of thread lock on push pin thread as well and with little adjustments she is all sorted and new lovely set of CNC Levers fitted.
I did call local MG dealer and new clutch lever assembly costs £165
Plenty of good aftermarket Levers around Mikolayy, for around £30 or so.

Glad you managed to sort it out, I was just going to offer you one from my spares Stash.
If you end up needing one, just ask, it'll only cost you the postage from Slough.
I presume you're in Southampton UK?

Before I found some spares, I machined one up in my Lathe, 10mins work . . .

Back