Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

Hydraulic Lines

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by BCarnage, Apr 20, 2019.

1. BCarnage

BCarnage Just got it firing!

I had some custom bars made for my 2016 Audace. I will now be able to sit upright. I am really looking forward to this. I now of course have to lengthen my my cables and hydraulic lines.
    Does anyone happen to know how long the hydraulic lines are from the reservoirs to the split for the front brakes and the clutch line? I found the exploded diagrams of the parts but it does not ha e the lengthes.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Has anyone done this before?

IMG_20190401_231646_915.jpg

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  2. roadventure

roadventure High Miler GT Famiglia

I don't, but if you want to find out, attach one end of a string to the calipers and then attach the string to the hose (with tape every few inches) all the way up to the reservoirs on the handlebars. Remove and measure the string. There's your hose length.

3. BCarnage

So, I am attempting to do as you suggested. I am having a time deciding what to take off and not. i've got the bike pretty far down but can not find the termination points for either the clutch or the brake lines. Can I see them if I get the battery and airbox out? thank you for any help...

20190617_164631.jpg 20190617_164649.jpg 20190617_164656.jpg

4. PaulDavies

PaulDavies Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

So now you just need some wide forward pegs to go with those "apes" - actually I like it ;)

5. BCarnage

That may happen down the road. ;)
    One thing at a time. I had these bars made for me.i wanted them to be like the stock bars in diameter, to match the bike. I'm pleased.

6. BCarnage

Alright, new hydraulic lines were procured. After finally getting under the air box and in front of the rear wheel (where the ABS box is located) got the lines off. Looking to get some new throttle cables tomorrow, hopefully, and get her back together.
    Has anyone bled their brakes with ABS. I found one article that had an MG/Aprillia tech say to bled as normal on these bikes, but I thought I might get a second opinion. Thoughts?

7. BCarnage

The fitting to the ABS has a steel pipe, I had to change that and the new fitting is a bit taller, so I am notching out the plastic above it. I spoke to my local Guzzi mechanic and that was his suggestion. So that is the only real adjustment that has had to be made for this handlebar project. I got new throttle cables from a Touring model and I am 97% confident they will fit. That would be a joy. If not it's waiting for Barnett or Motion Pro to build me new ones.
    If anyone is interested in this project, it is not too bad if you have an extra set of hands and a motorcycle lift. Procure all of the parts ahead of time if you can. I needed about 8 extra inches for the hydraulic lines and 4-6" for the throttle cables. This is for 12" bars with 2" risers. I did have to drill out the top triple tree for the risers. There was enough length in the electrical harness to run through the bars. That was a bonus. It looks very tidy.
    Here I am trying to decide where the best position is for the bars. I can be upright with a comfortable bend at the elbows.

IMG_20190621_212701_896.jpg

8. BCarnage

I'll get a photo soon all put back together. Starts right up sounds good. Need to bleed the lines. Only thing no headlight or taillight. No hazard. Brake lights and blinkers work. Hmmmmm....never touched the headlight and other than running the wires through the bars, they went right back into their plugs with no changes. Ideas?

9. BCarnage

All gremlins sorted out and now back to my summer riding season. It was a bit of a journey just swapping handlebars.

20190712_183412.jpg IMG_20190712_193007_768.jpg

John L likes this.