• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

I am excited to be getting a GT muffler for my Norge soon!

jdub

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi guys/gals, this is my first post here. I recently picked up my '15 Norge in Nov '18, and having put 4k miles on it since then, I knew I could not stand the quietness of the stock exhaust for much longer. While cruising at highway speeds, the entire aural aspect of riding a motorcycle is missing, for me anyway. Therefore, it is difficult for me to contain my excitement while waiting for Todd to send me one of his creations! I had considered several exhaust offerings for the Norge, and while I am sure any aftermarket muffler would sound better/louder than stock, I kept coming back to Guzzitech mainly because of the welded construction. Most if not all of the others have riveted construction, which does not look nearly as nice as welds IMO. Hopefully, the non-removable DB insert will be loud enough for my liking. As rare as these bikes are, there was no practical way for me to see or hear it in person before I bought it. My local Aprilia/Moto Guzzi dealer did not have any exhausts to choose from, and the shop manager said he had only seen one Norge in the last 6 years LOL.

I've installed Todd's exhaust on newer Norge, you will like it. Plenty throaty w/Y pipe added to his muffler.

I second the Y-Pipe idea and his flash tuner with a Guzzitech MAP. His tune transformed my Norge in a wonderful way. The Y-Pipe adds a nice bit of tone and volume plus a performance gain.

The Y-pipe, flash tool, K&N and airbox lid will be joining the party too...to say that I can't wait is an understatement! In addition to the improved exhaust sound, I am also excited about how much cleaner the bike will look without the huge stock muffler and cat.

The Y-pipe, flash tool, K&N and airbox lid will be joining the party too...to say that I can't wait is an understatement! In addition to the improved exhaust sound, I am also excited about how much cleaner the bike will look without the huge stock muffler and cat.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention the CNC air box lid. It adds quite a lot of intake volume as well.

you're going to love it. i got the whole setup on my B11 last fall and it's incredible. in the spring i'll take some good pics and do a whole write up, though i'm afraid i'll have nothing to add to the dozens of others - it's amazing.

I will install the muffler this weekend but will hold off on the Y pipe and airbox lid until I figure out how to use the flash tool and get a new map from Todd

So it was a productive weekend...with Todd's help (not just on a Sunday, but Superbowl Sunday!) I received the new map and proceeded to install all the new goodies: exhaust, Y pipe, airbox lid and K&N. I also took the front wheel in to have a new Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT mounted. One of the header studs snapped off below the surface of the head - something I've been dreading to tackle but I finally got the broken stud out. And finally, I changed all fluids and adjusted the valves.

I removed the tank to install an all-metal fuel filter but was pleasantly surprised to see one already installed (from the factory, I'm guessing). I have a '15 Norge that had 7k miles when I bought it, so I doubt someone else already replaced it with such low miles.

The airbox lid was a tight fit and I had to use a rubber mallet to get it fully seated. It looks great though and it should flow quite a bit more air. I also disconnected the breather tube that connects o to the airbox. I wanted to put together a catch can setup with some leftover parts but I was getting tired and resorted to just putting a mini filter on the end of the tube. I will have to see if it makes an oily mess...

The dealer who sold me the bike did the prior valve adjustment at 7k miles. At 13,500 miles, all eight valves were tight. My thinnest blade is .0015 in and I either could not get it started in the gap or it would only slide partially across the gap before getting stuck. I almost rounded one of the valve cover bolts trying to remove it with a ratchet. The electric impact got it off and saved me this time, but now I want to get a set of the SS bolts that I saw on the Guzzitech store.

The exhaust looks and sounds awesome. My best description is that it's a quality sound that never gets obnoxious. I wouldn't mind it being a bit louder at idle and cruising around town, but it is plenty loud on the highway. I've only put 70 miles on it so it might get a bit louder once the packing "wears in." I saw no way to remove the factory cat pipe without first removing the centerstand, which I was hoping to avoid. However, the centerstand pivots were completely dry and slightly rusted, so that gives me an opportunity to grease it up before putting it back on. I might take my time putting the centerstand back on though because now there is nothing blocking the view of the much nicer looking Y pipe!

The roads were wet today so the 70 miles were pretty gentle. I briefly opened it up to pass a line of cars and it sounded fantastic. I am hoping the new map will mean the jerkiness at low speed is gone now but my ride today was almost all at highway speed. Pictures will follow shortly.

I just cut one of the pipes off the cat to remove it. That way I left the exhaust pipes attached to the cylinders. It still took a little wrestling.
I have no intention of ever using the colostomy bag again and doubt I will ever sell the Norge. If I ever get too old to ride, I'll give it to my daughter.

Back