Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

I can’t seem to drag my peg. Can you?

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Michael Boeglin, Jul 27, 2018.

?

Do you drag your pegs?

1. Never

58.3%
  2. All the time, man! You are a chicken!

16.7%
  3. It takes work, but yes

25.0%
  4. My pegs are ground away, now I drag my feet.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Stradagene

Stradagene Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Acknowledging all of the witty responses, to answer the OP's question straightforwardly, yes, it is possible to drag parts on these bikes. I have only ever hit the OEM side stand, which prompted me to switch it out with the Euro side stand in order to get more clearance. As PasoDuc88 stated scraping any part of the bike can have ugly consequences.

It sounds like on the non-Racer V7s it is easier to drag the pegs than it is on the Racer versions. I don't think I have ever come close to scraping the rear sets on my Racer. It sounds like it is fairly easily done on many of the other configurations.

But back to the original question, yes, one can scrape parts on these bike with normal (slightly spirited) riding. And it seems to be rather easy to do with all stock components.

2. Echon

Echon Just got it firing!

So I'm not a super experienced rider but there have been times where I think "no way did I just not scrape anything maybe I just missed the noise" but sure enough when I go to look there is no damage.

One thing I noticed the other day is my front tire looks like I barely take corners at all while my back tire has definitely smoother out almost entirely to the edge (1/4-1/2" left most of the way around it is my guess without looking right now)- is this a sign that my cornering technique needs to be patched up?

3. jr1967

jr1967 Cruisin' Guzzisti

Check out the bridgestone website. You can see what tire is supposed to go on what width rim. If the tires you have are a bit wider than recommended(also check the height ratio like /70 or/60) then you will find that it's almost impossible to use all the rubber without feeling the bike tip over. The tire is simply squeezed to much in and looses its designed shape/profile and footprint. I had a 150/60/17 tire on a 3.5" rear rim and a 110/70/17 on a 2.5" front rim, both wider than recommended, (140/80 or 150/70 and 110/80 is best), used it on the track and couldn't wear them to the edge. Problem solved with the recommended tire sizes.
    https://www.bridgestone.com/product...rch_size_rim][3]=&c[Item.search_size_rim][4]=

john zibell likes this.
  4. Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I've worn out my share of pegs in the past, but now-a-days the closest they get to the ground is on the side stand :D