• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

I cannot get my Norge on the centerstand!!

Bill, that is a wonderful story. "Chat" is allowed, so I'll tell you mine.
In 1968 I was 21 years old. The Norwegian cycling federation selected 4 riders (I was one of them) as prospects for the Olympics in Munchen in 1972. We were amateurs. No money in it. I did get free bicycles from a company in Sweden for a couple of years, but little else. Had quit school after grade 9 to pursue the dream. By 1972 I would have been 25 years old, with no education, and no Olympic medals. So I went home and quit.
Back to school.
In 1972 I was towing beer commercial banners over northern Germany in a Piper Cub (Schultheiss Bier), with a freshly minted Commercial pilots license. The rest, as they say, is (my) history. I still own a 1980 racer built in Italy for the Norwegian DBS factory (Den Beste Sykkel), who did not build high end bikes. Now I am too fat to push those tall gears up the hills, so I ride a modern Carbon bike with lower gears.
So it was in my destiny to be able to hoist a Norge (we pronounce it "Nor-geh"), or in my case a Breva, onty the centerstand.
All those lonely hours racking up the miles also gave me a love of the open road, and I still have a strong preference for riding alone.
It's been said that the average male gains fifty pounds between age 20 and and age 60. I am a poster boy for that, but I still have those thigh muscles....;)
I also need to apologize for calling the factory workers "fat". At 230 lbs+, I have no right to judge anyone else, especially the nice people who built my favorite bikes.

Well, we are the same vintage, but your story sure topped mine! :clap:

Oh, and I got on the scales this morning. I should do that at it night as it can sour the day. ;)

I will not show your mention of your (impressive) still riding a pedal bike to my very fit jockette wife -- and Perfect Pillion & Polish Princess! :inlove: -- Kathi, or she'll "get ideas." :(

In 1979, I asked Alcide Basso to make a bicycle for me. He measured me from crown to toe and, a month later, presented a splendid machine to me. I still have it, tho now it is an antique objet d'art hanging in the Moto Grappa. A few years ago, I thought I'd bring it back to life -- and, wistfully, me, too; hope springs eternal -- by swapping out the sew-ups with modern wheels, but that project soon fell into the "too hard to do" and "no time" boxes, so there it hangs. Besides, even with a new machine such as you ride, as grand as are the roads here out of my driveway for motorcycles, they are way too dangerous for a bicycle. Yes, excuses, excuses.

i-x9CW5Bc-L.jpg

i-PzKjp4H-L.jpg

Closeups if desired. BTW, those pix follow a serious effort in 2020 at decluttering the "Grappa side" (code for unheated and the like) of the Moto Grappa. As you are a Nordmann, I am wary of using the trendy Swedish Dostadning. :giggle:

Anyway, that lasted for many months before returning to a state of squalor. As it's supposed to hit c.55ºF here today, and Moto Grappa Tech Days are 18-21 February with much undone, Kathi and I plan to go down there today to return it to some some semblance of neatness.

i-8zgmXkD-L.jpg

Suppose -- to avoid getting banned or younger folks here euthanizing us ;) -- we should start a separate thread if we want to continue this Old Guy Reverie of Days of Yore theme.:rofl:

Best,

Bill

OY !
There was another thread on lowering a bike and the person was warned that it would make it MORE difficult to get it on the center stand.
i never really through about how lowering the bike would affect when the stand would touch down , the lower the bike the sooner that arc it travels through will come in contact with the ground !

I guess we never considered the fact your bike might’ve been lowered which would be the cause of your problem !

Back