• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

I hear it all the time BMW,s are better!!!!!

Series4 said:
This reminds me of the Canon v Nikon war. Both are fantastic ...

What! From where did you get the idea that those Canon bottle-bottoms even could be considered as camera lenses ??? :huh: :mrgreen:

I drank the BMW Kool-aid and traded my 2009 V7 in on a 2011 BMW R1200RT. I hate to say it,but I like it. Rode the Norge and then the BMW R1200RT. I liked the BMW better than the Norge. Gonna miss the V7 she was a nice med. size bike,but my wife wants to tour 2-up. Best to you Guzzi-men I will miss you pards.

I have a 2011 V7 Classic. Every time I throw a leg over her I have a grin from ear to ear. It doesn't matter if it is a short ride or a 500km blast through the hills and far away, she never fails to make me feel good. BMW's don't give you that feeling, they are vanilla and bland, a bit like McDonalds really made to suit the masses not the individuals. Besides they have saggy tits not like a Guzzi her tits sit up nice and perky. lmao
ps Sorry if I offended with the remark about the breasts.

Cheers from here Stephen :laugh:

Dear Mr. BMW
Please bring out a fire breathing naked street version of your K1600GT Six Cylinder.
Then maybe we'll talk.
:twisted:

BMW Boxers and Motoguzzi are class bikes that are last to go in and first to come out springtime! Both riders have pride in ownership and long history. I have found pride and uniqueness of ownership with both. Both are a class act!

john zibell said:
I work on both. Each brand has their own problems. It seems that when BMW has an engineering problem, they use the most complicated solution. Works great while it is working, but when it fails, are real PITA to repair. Prime example being the current issue with rear drives. The large bearing fails due to not being properly shimmed at the factory. The process for shimming this bearing is awful so I can understand it not being properly shimmed. I know a fellow on his fourth rear drive. Since I have my choice to ride, you will see me on a Guzzi, not a BMW.

I'm both a BMW and Guzzi owner. I've suffered a final drive failure on an impeccably maintained GS.

To my knowledge, there is no conclusive determination yet that the all-to-pervasive BMW final drive failure issue is due to improper shimming. Wish that were so. Still, an improperly shimmed unit will have problems. On the other hand, there have been failures of units supposedly shimmed the proper way.

Although I was initially skeptical of the Guzzi CARC since it is very similar in many ways to the BMW (same bearing). However, I am not aware of any persistent problem of the Guzzi final drives on the scale that I know about with the BMW final drives.

One of my neighbors was on his fourth final drive for his GS. He sold it and bought an R1200RT. About a week ago, his ABS pump went out to the tune of about $2000. Wanna make jokes about other brands ?

I frequently attend the BMW rallies and this subject is always an important topic. I am amazed that BMW riders stick with that brand in spite of the final drive and many other problems - fuel pump controllers, abs, security system sensors,CANBUS, on and on. Dang it, I still have 4 of em.

The way the BMWs are setup provides a distinctive road/bike feel.
So if you like this feel, then you get a BMW as nothing else feels like a BMW. It's a Harley thing I suppose.
On the other hand, I always scratch my head on what you find attractive in this BMW sterile flaaaat feeling ...

I have to give BMW credit. They have a superb, maybe the best, suspension set-up for a production bike. Properly adjusted, they cope with road surfaces and handle with amazing capability.

leafman60 said:
I have to give BMW credit. They have a superb, maybe the best, suspension set-up for a production bike. Properly adjusted, they cope with road surfaces and handle with amazing capability.

Have to agree.
I own a BMW R1200C (Cruiser) which is a heavy old lump producing about 61bhp.
If you cloned me, and put one of me on the BMW and the other on my V7 Racer, the BMW would leave it for dust every time.
The Beemer really is an amazing bike.
You look at it and think, nothing that ungainly could be so effective in the twisties, but it really is, even two up loaded down with luggage.

If your income is above $90,000 US and you don't know how to install grips on your handlebars, the Roundel is your motorcycle......... If you can work a Rubik's Cube, then get the Guzzi.........

gstallons said:
If your income is above $90,000 US and you don't know how to install grips on your handlebars, the Roundel is your motorcycle......... If you can work a Rubik's Cube, then get the Guzzi.........

and the patience of a Saint....get a Guzzi

It is hard for me to say...I walked into a BMW shop here in Arkansas yesterday and every lift had a torn down beemer on it...Several setting in a line along the north wall....I looked around and said, Not a Guzzi in the shop...One of the mechanics said...Yes and laughed...I said I guess they are out on the rode...LOL...
BMW's are good bikes, bar none...Guzzi's grabbed my heart and soul first, that all....Ya might even find someone that tells you Harleys are better too, so be careful out there. :roll:

Walker

I have experience with both Guzzi and BMW, owning them and interaction with dealers and the importer/distributor/manufacturer.

Generally BMW's are better sorted out and the dealers perform the pre delivery service for which they were paid.
When a BMW fails, you get generally excellent and immediate support fom the dealer and BWUSA; service and parts.
When a Guzzi fails you get pot luck... but what you do not get..
BMW dealers can make warranty repair decisions on the spot..no distributor approval for the vast majority of issues.
Guzzi dealers must contact Piaggio USA for a response who contact Piaggio Italy for an approval.. it all takes time
Guzzi dealers have limited to no authority to approve warranty repairs. Been there, done that a couple times. This took an inordinate amount of time and was at minimum frustrating and costly to me.

I am currently making a choice of another bike in the $10-$16000 area.. and what is holding me back is factory/dealer support from Guzzi/Piaggio.

This is not a new issue, it is ages old.

Dealers express frustration citing lost sales and customer loyalty because of the lack of importer/factory support.
They also say the factory/Piaggio is 90 days behind on paying warranties... (BMW is instantaneous.) which explains but not justifies the dealer's reluctance to repair un der warranty or trump up bogus charges for warranty repair.

If you have been charged for warranty repairs.. go straight to the attorney general of your state.. it is fraud.

Guzzi's have the soul no other manufacturer can emulate, thats what makes them ownable.

I'm on my second BMW in 3 months, sold the first one which i bought second hand and bought a new one. the whole BMW experience has been a pleasure and the dealers back their bikes 100%.

I'll always have at least one Guzzi in the garage :p

I agree that there is something about Guzzi that is irresistable....something BMW will never "get" ( but got close with the R90s)

However.. being practical and pragmatic poses a dilemma in laying out $10K plus for a new Guzzi.

I have owned 12 BMW's 2 new... minor warranties . no hassle, one day in and out

2 new Guzzis, major failures and 4-6 weeks of nonsense.

Back