• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

I learned a good lesson through a grave mistake.

AquilaTorre

Tuned and Synch'ed
Yesterday I learned several things while being young and reckless.

1.I found out the rough way that my V7 is meant for the road and not for deep mud. Was going way too fast, overestimated my skill. Tires obviously caked up with mud and I lost traction trying to recorrect my line, ended up lowsiding. Minimal damage to the bike, the crash bars took the brunt of it as they should, and a broken footpeg/bent brake levers. Nothing that cannot be fixed :) Surprisingly few scratches as well, but it'll wear as a patina :p Lesson(s) get more aggressive tires if you wanna do this, or better yet, a more suitable bike :rofl:

2. I love gear. 60km/hr get off and only slight bruising on me bum. I was fully kitted out, and felt near nothing on the fall. ATGATT is great!

3. That V85TT Centennario I test rode a week ago is looking MIGHTY tempting now.
20210823 130837 20210823 130648 20210823 121750 20210823 131722 20210823 131714 20210824 080035 20210823 132543 20210823 132537

1.I found out the rough way that my V7 is meant for the road and not for deep mud. Was going way too fast, overestimated my skill. Tires obviously caked up with mud and I lost traction trying to recorrect my line, ended up lowsiding. Minimal damage to the bike, the crash bars took the brunt of it as they should, and a broken footpeg/bent brake levers. Nothing that cannot be fixed :) Surprisingly few scratches as well, but it'll wear as a patina :p Lesson(s) get more aggressive tires if you wanna do this, or better yet, a more suitable bike :rofl:

2. I love gear. 60km/hr get off and only slight bruising on me bum. I was fully kitted out, and felt near nothing on the fall. ATGATT is great!

3. That V85TT Centennario I test rode a week ago is looking MIGHTY tempting now.
View attachment 23047 View attachment 23048 View attachment 23049 View attachment 23050 View attachment 23051 View attachment 23052 View attachment 23053 View attachment 23054
Glad you're okay though!
Wear those battle scars with pride lol!

View attachment 23054

Good that you and the bike came out of it “relatively unscathed “
Great lookin exhaust !

How does that attach to a standard lever ? Drill a counter sunk hole and attach ?

Easier than that. For my V7 III, just unscrew the OEM peg (you may need to push the rubber away a little to see the hex nut) and put in the new screw that comes with the peg and tighten the peg and the screw together. The new peg is the one with the female thread.

Good that you and the bike came out of it “relatively unscathed “
Great lookin exhaust !

Yeah! Have some cosmetics and controls to sort out, but as we say in the knife/everyday carry community, the blade (bike in this case) isn't yours until it bites you. I'm in mostly good spirits, kinda bummed it happened but just gotta keep moving forward :happy:

Easier than that. For my V7 III, just unscrew the OEM peg (you may need to push the rubber away a little to see the hex nut) and put in the new screw that comes with the peg and tighten the peg and the screw together. The new peg is the one with the female thread.

Just making sure, that would also work on the brake lever ?

Guys, you're killing me here. All you have to do is click on the links I provided. The pics are there on them installed on a Mk III; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-eccentric-folding-toe-peg - no drilling needed.

I thought the factory part was a single piece ;).
I didn’t know how these installed, ( hence the drill your own question)
Then I saw references that you could buy a new arm, so thought you needed that ?
874A84CC B302 40E6 A7B4 F97606FC131F
And im still no t 100% clear on how the new piece would work , now that I’ve seen this ?

And im still no t 100% clear on how the new piece would work , now that I’ve seen this ?
Remove #3, install new with a single bolt from the back side in. As shown on the purchase page. Last comment on it. ;)

Peg View attachment 23077
Here it is. Don't over think it :) You see there is a nut at the end of the part 3 that screws on to the brake/shifter arm. Just unscrew it and the OEM peg comes off.

I have men's size 8 feet and I am fine with the OEM peg position, so I just bought two of the "V7III9FTPONLY" pegs (for V7III) , one for the brake and one for the shifter.

Last edited:
Back