• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

I need help with a vin number.

duke46

Just got it firing!
Hi guys, I might be on the wrong forum to get help on figuring out what just one letter in the vin number might be on this bike?

Kind of a short story on how it got on my property but it has been here for years and have no way of contacting the owner or his brother that gave it to my son. My son passed away 9 days after his 42 nd birthday last March.

Not real sure what year it is but one of you should know I hope?

Number on cases
PG 002797
Vin # on frame
PG12479?GM506140M

The 8th letter or number is what I can't figure out. The stamping is not right. It could be a U or maybe an H and no luck with M but I have tried them on a vin check sight and no luck.

Looks like I can post a picture and if I can I will try to take one shortly and hope I can get a good one if it will stop raining that is.

Please let me know if I am posting in the wrong palce or even the wrong forum.

Thanks

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    558.8 KB · Views: 967
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    547.2 KB · Views: 967
Or which model? The factory in Italy should be of help as well. You have no other documentation?
It's clearly a Moto Guzzi as noted on the stem in both pictures.

Sorry guys on not responding but I did check the box to be notified of post and just figured no one had posted??

I don't know any thing about this bike.

I have had a few bites and one guy would like to have it and fix it back up but trying to check out the numbers and make sure they are correct and then let the state of NC finish for a charge of course.

I have had it for sale on Cragislist and you can see what I posted.

Corrected
http://eastnc.craigslist.org/mcy/3774609365.html

Under the post is a link to all the pictures I have of it.

Looks like I need a forum that has older bikes than you guys have. just guessing I would say this bike is late 80's early 90's maybe? Something in the numbers tell what year. Maybe it is a 79 but don't think so?

Just need to find an old school forum I guess :( But was hoping as large as yours is that someone could lead me in the right direction.

The Craigslist ad is expired so I can't see anything there. What little you did show doesn't look like a Guzzi, and I'm familiar with them to the 1960s and others on this forum can go back even further. It is hard to identify a bike from a small picture of a small part of the frame. And like I said earlier, the P country code doesn't exist in any place that I researched. Definitely not a Guzzi if it starts with a P.

Dumb me I posted the wrong link. It is corrected now. Under the link is a link to all the pictures of it. It is a Moto Guzzi.

http://eastnc.craigslist.org/mcy/3774609365.html

I would post the direct link on here but then it looks like I am a dealer with a store and all I am is a dad that lost his son and have all his stuff to get rid of. He did in 01 and 02 own a bike shop in GA so I have all the stuff that was left over after he closed up and came back home.

Go to the bottom of this link the poster Ice Blue. It has a PG listed but he is in Denmark.
http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=47048.0

I might have to join that forum maybe? Or maybe the vin check site I have been using is not worth the efford?

Back