Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

I wish I'd followed up with Todd sooner

Discussion in 'BNS12 Chat & Tech' started by jdub, Mar 5, 2020.

1. jdub

jdub Tuned and Synch'ed

As a short background, I have been slowly customizing my 2015 Norge to my liking since I got the bike in Nov 2018 with 7k miles. A big wave of goodies came in Feb 2019: GTM muffler, Y pipe, CNC airbox lid, K&N filter and Todd's tune for my bike setup. I loaded the tune using the GTM flash tool.

The bike ran quite well, and l noticed that low speed parking lot maneuvers were less jerky (but still present) compared to the stock file. However, I would occasionally get pinging when rolling on the throttle in 6th from my typical 80 mph cruising speed. I chalked it up to the crappy ethanol/gas here in CA. Nonetheless, I contacted Todd that same month (Feb 2019) and asked if he could address the pinging. He said sure and asked me at what RPM the pinging was occurring. It wasn't until last month (Feb 2020) and with 45k miles on the odometer that I followed up with Todd. He quickly sent me a revised file and WOW, the bike is PERFECT now! No sign of pinging anywhere, it still runs strong and smooth, and the throttle response at parking lot speeds is completely smooth now. The only time I need to clutch is when coming to a complete stop. Anything greater than walking speed can be smoothly modulated using just the throttle. I wish I did not wait so long to ask for Todd's help again, but it's also an indication of how much I was enjoying the bike under the earlier GTM file.

2. groundhog105

groundhog105 Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

This is exactly why I like dealing with Todd.

GT-Rx® and V700Steve like this.
  3. gyrorex

gyrorex Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

I have been dealing with motorcycle dealers, parts purveyors, tuners (?), and shysters since the late 60's. I have never dealt with someone like Todd until the last couple of years. There are no condescending comments, bullshit excuses, nor outlandish claims. He is confident in what he sells and supports because it works! I have really enjoyed working with him on my many projects, and will continue to work with him in the future. Just Sayin'.

GT-Rx®, PasoDuc88 and PaulDavies like this.