• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Ideal toolpouch contents

tgarlick

Tuned and Synch'ed
Somehow, my original tool pouch that came with my bike got lost and I need to put together a new one. The requirements are:

1. It must fit in the compartment under the seat
2. It should contain everything vital for most minor roadside fixes

So to all you experts out there: what would you include?

And secondarily, does anyone know where I can get that hex-looking metal thingie (what IS that called?) that's used to help remove the axle?

Going to Home Depot tomorrow. :)

Thanks,

-Tim.

Ideal are what you need in any situation coming up. :dry:

Realistic?
I carry a small vise grip, a set of allen keys ( The famous Gorilla-grip is very nice!), a combined nose-plier/cutter , a shifter (as called here and in Oz. = adjustable spanner) and most of the OEM crappy tools. A repair set for tubeless tires and CO2 cartridges also found.
Fuses. Spark plugs. That's about it.
You'll need a screwdriver, Ph #2, a 21 mm box spanner for the plugs. Also I'd recommend an 8, 10 and 13 mm spanner.

On longer trips also a clutch cable, a long cable wire (for a broken gas cable) and spare bulbs for the headlight.

Per Holt above, and also see THIS --OR-- I have one out of the EV-T you can have for $20, Tim. The OEM kits seem to lack, 13 and 15mm wrenches which are heavily used. Allen key/wrenchs are needed as well.

eeeek, I didn't realise that I carried so much around.And that is only for day to day running about.I got into this bad habit when I carried enough tools to take my XT 250 apart so that I could fit it in the boot/trunk to get me home all too frequently.Actually I had progressed from a piece of rope that would allow my buddies to tow my broken DT400

theoneandonlymin

tgarlick wrote:
Todd, that link didn't work.
Tim, fixed above... or always available on the main page of GuzziTech.com.

theoneandonlymin wrote:
eeeek, I didn't realise that I carried so much around.And that is only for day to day running about... Actually I had progressed from a piece of rope that would allow my buddies to tow my broken DT400.
That's a good kit... though perhaps keeping a rope on board is the better bet with the new Guzzis. :huh:

Hi,

What’s “supposed” to be in the factory tool kit ?
Mine has the shock adjuster wrench, a flat blade screw driver and the Allen key to remove the side cover ?
There must have been more...

Thanks,
Don

I’ve been well served by the Cruz Tools travel kit. The Econokit M1 is relatively compact and fairly complete. Be certain to have what you need to remove a tire or adjust your shocks. The Cruz Tool kit includes several consumables that I have used while on tour. It’s a pretty good deal at less than $75.

cruztools.com/product/econokit-m1-tool-kit-for-metric-powersports/

Back