• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Idle/performance issue

KevinV7Stone

Just got it firing!
Hi all!

Recently, my 2015 V7 Stone, seemingly out of nowhere has developed an idle/performance issue. The best way I can describe it is when I start the bike up the idle seems a little low but also doesn't sound smooth. Also while idling and in first gear at low speeds there is a pretty consistent popping sound and the throttle is less responsive. But then when I get to a certain speed and RPM the bike takes off like a rocket unexpectedly. And traveling at a higher speed the popping noise subsides. There hasn't been any issue with stalling or any other performance until now. There's about 7,500 miles on it and has had consistent oil changes and service. I haven't done any performance modifications so as far as that goes the bike is the same as it left the dealership.

I know there could be a whole bunch of reasons this is happening so hopefully this sounds familiar to someone and can point me in the right direction. Thanks everyone!

I know there could be a whole bunch of reasons this is happening so hopefully this sounds familiar to someone and can point me in the right direction. Thanks everyone!
For sure it is... so you're close to one the best... Moto International there in Seattle. Did you buy it there? Either way, I would start with them. Have them do a simple diagnostic check for you and see if anything turns up. Could be a myriad of things, or nothing at all. Let us know what they say.

For sure it is... so you're close to one the best... Moto International there in Seattle. Did you buy it there? Either way, I would start with them. Have them do a simple diagnostic check for you and see if anything turns up. Could be a myriad of things, or nothing at all. Let us know what they say.
Yea I figured that would be the smartest thing to do. And yes! I did get my Guzzi from Moto International.

So I've been tinkering around on my bike trying to figure out this rough idle situation and noticed this hose coming out from the bottom middle section. If I follow it up it seems to connect somewhere near the tank. Could this have anything to do with my performance issue? Where is it supposed to connect? Thanks again for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_8051.JPG
    IMG_8051.JPG
    207.7 KB · Views: 30
So I've been tinkering around on my bike trying to figure out this rough idle situation and noticed this hose coming out from the bottom middle section. If I follow it up it seems to connect somewhere near the tank. Could this have anything to do with my performance issue? Where is it supposed to connect? Thanks again for the help!

You have to know where one end actually is connected before you can tell where the other end goes. There are several hoses. There should be a hose routing illustration in the service manual, or a decal under the seat. A dangling hose could be anything. Again it just might be best to take it to Moto International. If nothing else they can compare your machine to one on the floor or in the shop.

That muffler is looking like it's turning blue. Could be a result of what's going on. Have you checked the plug caps as mentioned?

That muffler is looking like it's turning blue. Could be a result of what's going on. Have you checked the plug caps as mentioned?
Yea that's crazy! I didn't notice that blue spot until you mentioned it. It shouldn't ever blue there, right? (Unless something is wrong). I did check the plug caps and everything seemed to be in order. Time for a visit to the shop:/

You have to know where one end actually is connected before you can tell where the other end goes. There are several hoses. There should be a hose routing illustration in the service manual, or a decal under the seat. A dangling hose could be anything. Again it just might be best to take it to Moto International. If nothing else they can compare your machine to one on the floor or in the shop.
Thanks for the info. And you're right, I need to just take it in.

That blue spot on the muffler suggests that fuel is burning in the cat because there is a problem with the spark plug cap. MI knows what to do - they wrote a service note about it.
Also check that the exhaust nuts at the head are tight.

That blue spot on the muffler suggests that fuel is burning in the cat because there is a problem with the spark plug cap. MI knows what to do - they wrote a service note about it.
Also check that the exhaust nuts at the head are tight.
You are correct!

Just got back from MI and it was the spark plugs and boots. They pretty much knew right away when I pulled up. Easy and inexpensive fix:)

Back