• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

I'm on an island in the Pacific...

Italian Spiderman

Just got it firing!
And I have a V7 III Stone headed to me on a ship from San Diego.

While there is an "official" Moto Guzzi service center here, it's actually a HD dealer, and I am not sure they really know what they're doing.

I am looking for advice on what items I should try to have on hand myself, so that I don't end up waiting on shipping for something simple.

Also feel free to throw any other advice at me, as this is my first Guzzi, and only my second motorcycle ever.

Thanks!

Congrats and welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia. Please add your info to the Registry; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.9108/

Did the bike come from GP Motorcycles? Paul & Co are solid folks.

Peruse the Forum section here, and you'll have all of your answers. I highly recommend the in tank fuel filter replacement ASAP (click on the Store tab above) to get you started. From there, all up to you.

Enjoy it.

Thanks!

I'll add a pic as soon as I have one, since the bike is still getting loaded up in San Diego.

Yeah, I bought from GP, they were efficient and professional, and far out-classed the local dealer. GP actually got me a 2018 and shipped it here for a price almost a grand less than the (non-negotiable) price the local dealer wanted for a 2017 that has been sitting in their showroom for two years.

Customer service works! :)

I'll add that fuel filter replacement to my wish list...I'm trying not to obsess *too* much over a bike I haven't even seen yet.

It's not a matter of obsessing. If you use the stock fuel filter and put in gas that has ethanol, the filter will break down and fall apart.

Interesting to read that! I've been following the whole fuel fliter thing here for a while. It seemed to be that it was mainly people from countries where perhaps ethanol is more common in fuel etc were having these issues, as I don't recall of reading or hearing of any fuel filter issues for folks here in Australia? I don't think I've ever put any ethanol blend in any of my vehicles ever.

Very easy to avoid here if you want to. Our consumer watchdog states that any ethanol blended fuel must be clearly labelled as such, so very easy to totally avoid and as I didn't know much about it and the possible impact of using it in my vehicles I've tended to avoid it as a result :) https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/petrol-diesel-lpg/biofuels

Last edited:
I can't find a DIY here for changing the fuel filter on V7III. Is this because it's self explanatory? There is no mention of fuel filter in the Tech Manual. Only instructions on removing the tank.

I can't find a DIY here for changing the fuel filter on V7III. Is this because it's self explanatory? There is no mention of fuel filter in the Tech Manual. Only instructions on removing the tank.
Pretty self explanatory.

Get a jerry can with spare fuel
Ride until your almost out of gas
Depressurize fuel lines
Remove fuel tank
Drain fuel tank
Remove fuel pump/filter unit
Replace fuel filter
Install Fuel pump/filter unit
Install fuel tank
Fill tank
Ride :)

Here's a link to a long discussion about this issue and some pics that should show you the way.
https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-fuel-filter-warning.12415/page-4

Last edited:
I have a T-Shirt from the HI dealer but it's a HD one, they didn't have Guzzi T's.

It's a really weird setup here. The Guzzi 'Dealer' is called Velocity Motors, which is actually a Ferrari/Masarati dealer with a few HD's, Guzzis, and Triumphs on the 2nd floor. They have a few Guzzi T-Shirts there, but no *Hawaii* Guzzi T-Shirts. (For true luxury cred, their dealership also has a coffee shop and barber shop inside)

Velocity is owned by the same people who own the big HD dealership. There are no Guzzi's at their Harley location, but they do have Kawasakis, Ducatis, and Triumphs.

When I was talking to the people at Velocity about buying a 2017 V7 stone they had on their floor, they told me I couldn't buy any accessories, or get any service there. I'd have to buy the bike as-is from them, and then go to the HD dealer to buy any accessories or OEM parts, and service would also be at the HD location.

I asked them if they'd knock the price down a little for me having to go through all that hassle, and they told me "Nope, the price is the price."

Soooo, I called up GP Motorcycles in San Diego. All motorcycles shipped to Hawaii go through San Diego, so it's the go-to spot for people who want a bike that they can't get locally(or the local price is crazy). The guys at GP got me a model year newer for 800 bucks less, even counting the shipping cost!

It's a really weird setup here. The Guzzi 'Dealer' is called Velocity Motors, which is actually a Ferrari/Masarati dealer with a few HD's, Guzzis, and Triumphs on the 2nd floor. They have a few Guzzi T-Shirts there, but no *Hawaii* Guzzi T-Shirts. (For true luxury cred, their dealership also has a coffee shop and barber shop inside)

Velocity is owned by the same people who own the big HD dealership. There are no Guzzi's at their Harley location, but they do have Kawasakis, Ducatis, and Triumphs.

When I was talking to the people at Velocity about buying a 2017 V7 stone they had on their floor, they told me I couldn't buy any accessories, or get any service there. I'd have to buy the bike as-is from them, and then go to the HD dealer to buy any accessories or OEM parts, and service would also be at the HD location.

I asked them if they'd knock the price down a little for me having to go through all that hassle, and they told me "Nope, the price is the price."

Soooo, I called up GP Motorcycles in San Diego. All motorcycles shipped to Hawaii go through San Diego, so it's the go-to spot for people who want a bike that they can't get locally(or the local price is crazy). The guys at GP got me a model year newer for 800 bucks less, even counting the shipping cost!
Unfortunately in most cases good old customer service is pretty lacking these days.

Back