• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

I'm outta here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Give up tried 3 times to upload pics for the fork prob page but it dont work.
I'm outta here now anyway.
Cheers Lofty John, see ya around Derbyshire no doubt, nice meeting with you and the Missus the other day. Clay X have a red Stelvio in their showroom now, and funnily lost the GS with the luggage, lol

Frostbitten, keep it up mate you dont get nowt for keeping quiet. I know what your going through.

Had a final ride to the dealers this morning and the bitch still brought a grin on, was real nice to open it up and have a few fast corners to remember it.

Rode the GS home, lots taller and not so much on-tap power, but never the less a nice ride. I've bought it KNOWING it's faults. My gripe was with the Guzzi back up, no spare parts, waiting, getting a gold Breva disc fitted to one side of the front wheel cause I'd have to wait a month for a black Stelvio one, go on check my for sale pics, sticks out like a sore thumb once you know it's there, lol. , (final straw)

Todd, Cheers mate for all the hard work you put into this site. I've had a good time here, some of the peeps here dont seem to share my sense of humour, but hell that's what makes the world go round eh?

Gary: Sorry to see you go!!!! It's too bad the stelvio didn't work out for you. Hope you have better luck with the GS. I was out all weekend on my bitch and guess what ... the ECU crapped out and stranded me and the girlfreind. Hope you read this and get one last good laugh. I may soon be joining you in the uncool kids club.
Take care of yourself FBC

was there not one guzzi guy with the TR software and a good knowledge of these bikes that could help sort em out? Shame if the guzzi community was so thin there. Most areas have resident guzzi experts with the equipment and knowhow to quickly sort a guzzi that was not set up right at the dealer or factory. My griso barely ran, but put the TR software to it, balance and set the TB's, sort the valves and its golden. they're dead easy to trouble shoot for most of their issues, and simple to sort if you have the bits. And once sorted, they tend to stay sorted. In so cal, we're lucky because many folks have the bits and knowhow to sort guzzi's post dealer, sorry it did not work out similarly for you

Jon: I've asked around here inToronto if anyone knows of someone or some shop that is good with these things all I've heard is silence or Gee that's too bad with a concerned look. This was asked of allegedly longtime knowledgeable Guzzi owners, 3 or 4 of 'em. So I don't know about where Gary is but yeah it's that thin on the ground here. And from the dealer point of view they gots my money and they aren't taking me very seriously..... I'm an annoyance. other dealers I've checked out haven't even known basic details about the bikes. Douce bags all of 'em. They will fail up here again.It's inevitable. I could ask Harley guys who to go to and get 50 answers. I'm probably about due to get told to F!@# off by Pete aren't I ?
FBC

No, I'm not going to tell you to fuck off. I simply think that claiming that all Guzzis are shit because your dealer, as you yourself say, doesn't care because he has your money and obviously has neither a decent mechanic or it seems the ability to type a ten line warranty claim is a bit unfair.

As I said in the reply I just posted to your 1200 S thread they AREN'T terrifically complicated machines and sorting them should be relatively easy IF you have the tools and are a MECHANIC not an oil and brake pad changer.

Toronto is sort of central West isn't it? That makes things a bit more complicated in terms of getting it 'South of the Border' to someone who might know what they are doing.

As it is though I take it the dealer has an Axone? Plug the wretched thing in and look at the live data and error code page. That should tell 'em something even if it isn't the whole story. That of course assumes that they aren't scared of plugging in the diagnostic tool for fear of buggering something up, which they can't.

FWIW Dave, who posts sometimes as BFG is having tremendous problems with his machine in Northern Ireland for exactly the same reason. His 'Dealer' seems to be completely ignorant of even the basics of how the engine works! Sad but true!!!

Pete

Pete: I never said all Guzzis were shit don't put words in my mouth, I said mine was shit. which it is. I am a Mechanic not a parts changer, friend. Guess what The Mechanic who fixed the engine top end didn't even know what I was talking about when I mentioned cam followers. He said he didn't replace them, but dirtbag manager said he did. The followers and cam are not listed on work order. Someone is lying! The other dealer in this city didn't know the diplacement or frame material of the bikes ( guzzis)they were selling. One outside the city was a scooter shop, with 3 Guzzis in it. I'm not prepared to rent a garage just to keep this thing going, which is what I'd have to do to tear it apart, as I don't have a garage. Also it's brand new I shouldn't have to;. Toronto is east.
FBC

Very easy. The recall *kit* includes camshafts x 2, tappets/cam followers x4, rocker cover gaskets and cover screw 'Tampons' and new plug caps. Whather these parts would be listed on an nvoice I don't know? Since it is all billed to the importer perhaps not, I really can't say.

You should be able to get another dealer to check with the importer to find out if the recall work has been done. If it has, or if it isn't needed, it'll all be on the database.

I am sorry that you are having these problems but since you seem to be unwilling to anything in the least bit pro-active, even to the extent of trying another dealer, it is very hard to suggest you do anything but simply sell it and take a huge financial hit.

Pete

I just figure it is an unacceptable situation for me to pay more money to get another shop to verify what I should have no doubt about. Ultimately Guzzi/ Piaggio have alloowed this situation to occur. In my business if you are a service center for whatever brand, you are audited on a regular basis by the factory. You don't do your job you lose your certification. I would have expected less of a shit show to be allowed to occur. So here it is, pay someone to verify work done... or suck it up princess. Hmmm or maybe move to another country. I guess I'm just too demanding. Oh the importer is the place I'm having the issues with! They couldn't even get the parts from the states in less than 2 weeks, which were in stock at the time. I guess I'll just fu
ck off now.
FBC

Is the situation different in Canada? I don't know? Here ANY dealer or service agent is obliged to do the recall and warranty work with no charge to the customer. I do a LOT of warranty stuff, in fact a goodly part of my business is warranty work that at the end of the day I don't Make a cent from, or rarely. I know that MPH and probably MI and I'd guess a few of the other 'Good Guys' experience the same thing.

I'm really NOT having a go at you, but the sistuation won't get any better unless you take the bull by the horns and at least TRY another dealer. Also, yes, you should be going at the importer hammer and tongs. I completely agree that you are getting lousy service and yes, it should eventually be sheeted home to them giving a dealership to someone who is obviously ill equipped to deal with even minor problems.

Do me a favor and send me your Vin # and I'll TRY to get our importer to go into the system, (Here in Oz I, as a service agent, don't have access to the whole warranty system, it's all handled from 'Head Office' in Sydney, I'm not sure why?) and see if your bike is eligible for the recall and if it has been done.

I think you have a VERY good case for calling foul on your bloke if they say they replaced the cams and not the followers because that is, I'm afraid, a first year apprentice type mistake, it's just NOT something you do, certainly not on a brand new machine that is eligible for a 'Technical Update' which is the factory's way of weasling out of certain legal responsibilities.

Mate, I'm TRYING to help, but I can't do much from the other end of the planet if you aren't ready to lift your end of the barrow!

pete

+++

I was going to suggest you post your VIN here, there are dealers/agents who are members on this board who could run the check for you. Of course that doesn't mean that all the requied work has been done, and properly.

Other thoughts:

Frosty: you're a mechanic. *supposing* there's a way to recognise the new parts, I presume you'd have the experience it takes to get inside the engine, and the tools required at your work place, no?

Come on, ye yankees on here! You all know where Toronto is, don't you? Not far from Niagara Falls (not by American standards in any case), which means not far from Buffalo. Is there no good dealer in that general area??

Lift my end of the barrow, How about this... everytime I've taken it in for a problem, I've told them what it was, said no worries left for them to do it in accordance with what they got scheduled, not complained about paying a single bill, for work done or accessories all I've evr asked is when do they think it will be ready and about how much? Never gotten a straight answer yet. Cam recall was done at first service , not billed for gear or trans oil asked after I noticed did you change it? Told yeah no charge. Took bike in to dump oil 1000k later after cam recall and to reset tps and sync thrott. bodies (surging pretty bad) Paid bill no problem... on the bill I see I'm charged this time for gear and trans oil. 500k roughly, later knockingsound coming from top end. No one hears it but me. Checking bike over a couple of weeks later , ther is play in the rear wheel, to their amazement it's really there , cause what do I know. At thispoint they hear the knocking. This is when they are supposed to have changed the r/h camshaft cause it was smoked ( with the followers) After they stopped pissing around for a week and 2 days they got the parts from the states, which they should have done when I took it in. The copy of the work order I got lists the parts for the rear end and the cam box ( all warranty) , but not a camshaft or followers ( which should be warranty). After I pick up the bike, in traffic it detonates, fuel mileage is all over the map and it cuts out intermitently ( for a fraction of a second). The next day after 142k run. the ECU error shows and the bike is dead for bout 2 hrs. It heals itself then on the way home fom the weekend it cuts out 3 times in traffic, until finally it stays dead. Of course after getting it trucked to dealer that the bike was purchased from, who has done all work, it starts on the second attempt. So yet again I'm nuts and I don't know what I'm talking about. This is the saga in chronilogical order. The cam that concerns me would be the fifth from new and now we have something else to worry about... ECU and yup it stranded me. I hope this clears it up for you all. also any dealer in canada goes through these guys. I figured they would care a littlemore, since they import them. Guess not I guess scooters really count, even though what I bought is the price of 4-5 scooters. PS When I've told them of problems I'm having I've been right everytime. My vin is on the registry.
FBC

When it became apparent to me that I just had to have a Stelvio; that is when all my problems began. You know the going out of business since 1921

THe cam recall was not what I was questioning... it was the replacement of the post recall r/h side camshaft and followers that failed that I question, so what exactly is checking the recall status going to tell? That was why I wrote it all out in order of occurence, so it was clear. My apologies for the vin ( guess I didn't understand the politics) Also My apologies to all for Posting any of this mess in the first place.There will be no more " littany of woe" from me. I will sort it all out , count on it!
FBC

About bikes that don't run properly, no one I'd hope.

Gary, you're welcome to have 2nd thoughts about being "outta here" and stay instead, but please stop trying to annoy people who are not about to give up on riding Guzzis (and try to help others while they're at it).

Maybe if you ask nicely Todd will create a sub-section for crying, whining and wailing? (the whaleboat, or some appropriate name from Dante's Inferno? or whatever you call a perfectly soundproof room/isolation cell? :p)

Gary wrote:
Lets face it though they cant even make a side OR center stand that dont bend.
It's a pity you can't keep to facts when posting, and leave your over enthusiastic imagination somewhere else. If you managed to bend both side and centre stands on yours, no wonder the rest of it didn't last either.

RJVB wrote:
Maybe if you ask nicely Todd will create a sub-section for crying, whining and wailing? (the whaleboat, or some appropriate name from Dante's Inferno? or whatever you call a perfectly soundproof room/isolation cell? :p)
It's called the Lounge. ;)
If you want to SCREAM online, it's the perfect place. Moving this thread there actually.

And guys, don't take the frustrations out in words on the Forum... I really like to keep this Guzzi-focused, and not personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back