• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Imaginary Friends?

YBFAST

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Wow! Who'd have thought the board being down would have been so irritating?B)

As a solo rider for the last 35 years, I never thought I'd miss the company of like minded riders... Most Of Whom I've Never Met!:blink:

So tonight I'm hoisting a toast to those of you my wife calls "my imaginary friends". It's great to know we'll chat again!

Cheers!;)

Do you really think that a bad day riding beats a good day working? Well, if you really think so, I wonder about your work. I guess you don´t like your work at all ...
I am a motorcyclist interested in buying a brand-new "Moto Guzzi". If you come to Austria one day we might meet out there on the streets. If we will not meet - of course we stay "imaginary friends" ...
Nice greetings from gonzo.

CrownRoyal.jpg

Now now... we're "virtual" friends. ;)

I've got to meet handfuls of you around the world over the last handful of years. Looking forward to the next decade. Next year, I plan to visit New Zealand and Australia early in the year... then in September, fly in to France and ride to the GMG then the rest of Italy to meet my extended family in Sicily. And if enough time, then hopefully through Spain. I'll make my travels plans well known here before I go.

Forget Spain and France. Where the hell do they make Crown Royal? And I hate snakes.

Crown Royal is Canadian whisky. I'm not sure what Don wanted to tempt us with ... cyber friendship with the bottle, the serpent or the doll? :silly:

Well thanks for the invite to your party Adrian, and cheers to you too.....

Now the thing is I have never thought of myself as imaginary, but it does put a whole different perspective on things - If I am imaginary then that means that I can imagine what I like - lets see now - I know a shed FULL of bikes :p

But you know last time I fell off the bike it hurt, and if I'm imaginary by rights it shouldn't have, so I'm not sure I would go along the imaginary bit, unless of course it means that we can get away with stuff and use it as a good excuse for something.

Here's up ya kilt hic hic

Mike.C wrote:
But you know last time I fell off the bike it hurt, and if I'm imaginary by rights it shouldn't have, so I'm not sure I would go along the imaginary bit, unless of course it means that we can get away with stuff and use it as a good excuse for something.

Now are you sure that it really hurt? Maybe you were just imagining it? :p

Rugar wrote:
Now are you sure that it really hurt? Maybe you were just imagining it? :p
I was thinking the same thing, in fact I wonder if he really has a wife:)

OK OK OK... I had a toast to my "Virtual" friends;)

As a matter of fact.... I had a few. It was time to replenish the stock of Jameson for the next round, and I thought I'd donate a bottles worth to Todd & crew at Guzzi Tech via the donation link as way to say "Thanks for the great work on the site!".

I dont know about imaginary friends but every one here I consider a friend even if we havent met.

Papasloan wrote:
I dont know about imaginary friends but every one here I consider a friend even if we havent met.

Hopefully it's not BECAUSE we didn't meet..... :laugh:

We've met Price and I do feel you are a friend. Etwanda Street.....Dude, who can't go:huh: at that. Birds of a feather are friends foreverB)

I reached into the cabinet without looking and poured out some of this, thinking it was soda water. I tossde ti dwon, an sooon i Hda ltos of iamnrgiy firneds.

laphroaig_750.jpg

radan2 wrote:

laphroaig_750.jpg
[/quote]

Seeing the above inspired me to pull a bottle of same out of the cabinet. Drinking it as we "speak." Yum.....

Back