Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

importing my breva 1100 from bulgaria to uk

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Ian Toy, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Ian Toy

Ian Toy Tuned and Synch'ed

Iam not sure if this is right place to post this. Iam English and moved over to live in bulgaria about 8 years ago Iam now going to move back to UK next year. I want to take my Breva with me is there any English on here that have done this and know the procedure. I have looked on internet and it is very confusing and what the value of the bike is worth might not be viable unless I keep it for ever.

2. Raven

Raven Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

It's only a 1,700 mile ride! :mm:

Didier likes this.
  3. Ian Toy

yes I know ,what I need to know is about UK reg looked on government site might have to pay vat for import and think it will need SVA test.It will alsoneed a certificate of conformity also.

4. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

You might want to check with the official importer for the UK. Based on VIN it may meet conformity much like acceptance in the US.

5. Brevadom

Brevadom Tuned and Synch'ed

I imported my Breva from Germany into the UK a few years back. I speek from memory, so this is what I remember.
    Certificate of conformity wasn't an issue then, but I believe it is today. You will have to get one from Guzzi, if you don't have it. Probably not cheap.
    For vehicles over 10 years of age there is/was no tax to be paid.
    You need an new valid UK MOT,
    the original papers (Bulgarian, in your case) to send to the DVLA ,
    a Certificate of Motor Insurance,
    an address where you live -the bike is going to be registered in your name to this address.
    As for MOT think about your headlamp, either change it to lefthand traffic, or, if your driving much on the continent and want to keep it you can tape it off, that is still accepted.
    They want to know the value of the bike.
    And maybe somethings I don't remember.
    But it was easy enough. I managed.

What the changes are going to be after Brexit - who knows?!
    Good luck.

Edit:
    The DVLA sends you an import pack with all the necessary forms to fill out and a helpform how to do it.
    You fill everything in, get the papers ready and the checque, which is the amount of tax for the first year and their fee.
    You can apply for the pack online.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  6. Ian Toy

thanks

7. Brevadom

Brevadom Tuned and Synch'ed

8. Brian UK

Brian UK GT Reference

One of the problems you will have (apart from converting to left hand drive ;-) ) is the speedo. Yours will have the dial calibrated in kilometers, and now in the UK it must show MPH.

The actual cost of registering is not so much. But transportation will cost.

9. Ian Toy

fou
    found a place in Germany that can do the clock faces in mph ,have to take clocks to bits but not to much of a problem. New clock face £40.00

10. Brian UK

Brian UK GT Reference

Very useful. Care to share that information? Might help others.

11. Ian Toy

yes will know more in November and will post on here.