Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above. WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

"Improved" 2015 V7-II Features

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Sep 25, 2014.

1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Looks like the V7II will get the new oil bathed alternator, a new 6-spd gearbox, ABS & MGCT (to harness it's raw power). :drunk:

Moto Guzzi has just revealed this new version of its V7, with two-channel ABS and traction control.

The popular retro bike - which is suitable for A2 licence holders - also gets geometry tweaks, with the 744cc V-twin engine tilted forward 4° and lowered 10mm to increase rider leg room.

Both the seat and pegs have been lowered.

It's the second surprise new model announcement from Piaggio, parent company of Aprilia and Guzzi, five days ahead of the expected unveiling at the Intermot Cologne motorcycle show.

A release on the V7 said:

NEW MOTO GUZZI V7 II AT INTERMOT 2014

The Intermot show in Cologne will mark the debut of the new generation of the successful and striking Moto Guzzi V7, christened the V7 II.

An evolution of the existing range, the V7 II contains several significant revisions, in particular:

• 2-channel ABS braking
    • “MGCT” Traction Control (Moto Guzzi Controllo Trazione)
    • 6-speed gearbox with revised clutch actuation
    • Engine tilted 4° to the front and lowered 10mm to increase knee room and to improve the bike’s aesthetics
    • Seat height lowered
    • Rider’s footpegs lowered 25mm
    • As before, three versions will be available;
    o V7 II Stone available in four matt colours
    o V7 II Special available in three colours
    o V7 II Racer available with the famous chrome tank

V7II.jpg

2. Sheldon Lee

Sheldon Lee Just got it firing!

Nice!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  3. pokeyjoe

pokeyjoe High Miler

6 speeds would be nice as long as first is geared lower as well. So we might see this in 2016?

4. MJPTexas

MJPTexas Cruisin' Guzzisti

Since they have ABS/MGCT I wonder if they went to 'drive by wire'.

5. 99sh

99sh Tuned and Synch'ed

If you zoom in the throttle grip, you can almost still see the long cable adjuster nut.

This bike really needed a 6-speed, especially at highway speeds. But I don't understand why they need traction control

6. GT-Rx®

I would wager a BIG no since the R-b-W 7SM ECU is so large and expensive. The MIU used on the '13+ bike is shared with many of the Scooters (to compare for cost and size, it is quite tiny).

Traction control and ABS will be a standard requirement in most all Euro Countries by 2016 I believe. Clearly a global bike is best bet, as they will be getting even the lovely evaporative emissions garbage we have here in N.A., starting next year as well I have heard.

7. Brian UK

Brian UK GT Reference

ABS is a definite requirement in all EU countries by 2016 for all new bikes sold over 125cc, new EU directive, not sure about traction control.

8. MotocicletaGuzzi

MotocicletaGuzzi Just got it firing! GT Contributor

Hi All:

Was about to buy a 2014 V7 Special, my first bike and saw this press release. Any speculation on a North American release? Supposed to be in Europe in November but we just got the 2015 V7 Stone, other models not even out yet. Timing seems odd. To me either it'll be released here next year or as a "new model" with a bigger price tag otherwise it may canabalize 2015 non V II sales. Like the lower seat, 6 speeds and ABS. Don't think traction control is all that necessary. Big question . .. Wait or not? Its practically winter here in New England but I definitely want a bike for Spring and Summer. Thoughts?

9. pokeyjoe

pokeyjoe High Miler

That new bike is at least a year away from landing in the US. Whether or not you wait is up to you - and what you're riding now.

10. MotocicletaGuzzi

No bike now and don't want to wait a year. Suppose I could buy now and upgrade but will get killed in trade. . . Oh well, now I have a decision to make. Went back to school as a second career and just completed training. Now that I have a good paying job again thought I'd finally buy myself a motorcycle, something I've wanted for years.

11. Brian UK

Brian UK GT Reference

I wonder if it will also be EOBD compliant? This was another part of the EU directive.

12. langloisandy

langloisandy Just got it firing!

We'll all be hogging out our engine mounts to get that fwd tilt now won't we? ;)

Andy

13. M0T0Geezer

M0T0Geezer Cruisin' Guzzisti

Why not buy a used Breva 750cc or a used V7 for now and trade it in on a V7 II later when they're available?

14. MotocicletaGuzzi

Great point MotoGeezer. The only thing that might be nice is the 6 spd/clutch responsiveness. Don't care about the rest. Dealer in my area has a 2014 special. Since the 2015 should be out soon, should get a discount on the bike and Guzzi financing 2.99 or 4.99 based on loan term. But I'll take a look. May be able to get a steal and trade up. Thanks for the advice!

15. twowheeladdict

twowheeladdict Just got it firing!

You can still break the rear tire loose if their is a layer of sand or the road, or after a light rain that has not yet washed the oils off. Traction control will be good to help keep inexperienced riders safe.

16. francod123

francod123 Cruisin' Guzzisti

why can't guzzi just make this:

17. GT-Rx®

Feedback from some journo friends on the V7 II Press Event going on now... " the new gearbox is like a swiss clock."

18. GT-Rx®

19. abbienormal

abbienormal High Miler GT Famiglia

I like the Stone in silver or red and the Special in red or blue (more the red) I am not a fan of the fork gators but reading the suspension comparisons with the Racer if I bought one I'd have the forks and shocks off for upgrades shortly after purchase. I'll be watching the pricing and my finances. Hard to justify buying another bike when I only put 300 miles on my PC800 and 1000 miles on my V-Strom this year but I did put almost 9,000 miles on the California 1400.

20. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor