Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Indian Motorcycles' "Their Way - The Highway" Ads

Discussion in '24-7 Lounge' started by Goodvibes, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Goodvibes

Goodvibes Cruisin' Guzzisti

Read Indian's 'Choice is coming to American Motorcycles' ad in Road & Track the other day. Two page spread with "Their Way" being a group photo of H-D riders in leathers milling about smartly chatting with all their bikes on trailers ready to be towed to their destination. "The Highway" side of the ad was a pair of riders on their new 2013 Indians riding off into the distance. What a great ad, and apparent slam on H-D.

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/Pages/home.aspx

2. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

I was part of that ad shoot. Can you snap and post a picture of the ad?

I know the new Indian folks quite well, and my good friend is part of their lead marketing campaigners. They have some fun stuff in store for later this year.

3. wittangamo

wittangamo Cruisin' Guzzisti

Here's a copy from the May issue of Motorcyclist. Very cool. Not so much a dig at H-D bikes, but a poke at the lifestyle - trailers and chaps, etc.

[​IMG]

4. GTM®

Thanks for posting. The gas station is an exit off of I-15 in Barstow, CA and the ride image is in Joshua Tree State Park.

5. Goodvibes

Goodvibes Cruisin' Guzzisti

What part, the left or right pane of the ad? Will the Indian marketing include lifestyle clothing/tatoo lines?

6. Rafael

Rafael GT Reference

I checked out the videos on their website. Looks nice, the photo of the hand on the materials reminded me of the Ralph Lauren ad were he's talking about the craft traditions handed down, you know the one with the big $$$ purse.

Motor sounds nice. Wondering what their going to do with increasingly restrictive emissions standards. Seems kinda tough to design a new motor then have to junk it a year or two later for a water cooled design. Todd, any info on that?

Now we'll have 3 V twin makes in the US. No wait, just found out Polaris own Indian it's just 2.

7. GTM®

Both. You can bet it will involve clothing and related, doubt tattoos will have anything to do with it. :huh:

8. GTM®

I'll see them in two weeks, I'll ask.

I was really hoping they'd venture outside of an air-cooled V-twin, but not the case. Yes, Polaris now owns Victory and Indian. The top guys of Victory were shifted over to Indian last year.

9. sempervee

sempervee Tuned and Synch'ed

I fell of the couch laughing when I saw this ad and had to tell my HD buddy about it... So true. What a shot across the bough (sp) for the Posers.... LOL!!! Loved it.

10. jiltedjohn

jiltedjohn Cruisin' Guzzisti

The Indian brand has been confusingly bandied around from pillar to post in recent years , a Scotsman called Alan Forbes owned the name for a while , then there was the new Indian Motorcycle Company based in Gilroy , California . At least they've developed a reasonably modern uptake on a Chief engine instead of another HD clone. Wonder if a four cylinder motor will appear again, much like the Dakota 4 which was built in 2000.

11. Series4

Series4 Cruisin' Guzzisti

It's a good way of Polaris giving themselves development options. They have to have a V twin for the cruiser market but that limits development of the Victory ( I reckon they'll go multi a la Triumph Rocket 3). Indian 'has' to have a V twin (just like Guzzi and HD) and the name has excellent resonance in the market and good brand equity against HD. I think they'll do well

I was really hoping they'd venture outside of an air-cooled V-twin, but not the case. Yes, Polaris now owns Victory and Indian. The top guys of Victory were shifted over to Indian last year.[/quote]

12. LDB

LDB Tuned and Synch'ed

Hmmm.. one Indian or One V7 Racer plus one Norge GT 8V plus $9,000 left for gear, fuel, hotels, meals and etc. while riding either of the two MG's. Decisions. Decisions. Decisions.

13. vivo

vivo Cruisin' Guzzisti

What would shock people is an Indian Tomahawk sport bike, naked and scrambler. The Scout Off Road would have our attention!

Vivo

14. ghezzi

ghezzi High Miler GT Contributor

Hey don't laugh too loud at the Hardly Rideables, that's how I go Bellagio Blasting.

Attached Files: