• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Information on new mapping and 2010 bikes.

Penis Rotor

GT Godfather!
I'm bushed tonight so I can't be arsed to write an essay. I'll try to write something comprehensive tomorrow as the info I have has relevance to 2009 bikes as well as the 'New' ones.

Basically though as a 'Teaser' it seems like the entire development budget, (A small sack of gold presided over by a crow like Dickensian character with a tail coat and quill pen!) seems to have been blown on Magnetti Marelli programming.

I've ridden two 2010 bikes now, an 1200 sport 4V and a new Griso. Both have *new* maps that superceed the #68 map used in the 'Update' for the earlier Griso and other bikes with the, what I'm told is, the A5 engine. even compared to the really quite reasonable map in the #68 package the new map is another big step forward. Like the Sport 4V I rode the new Griso fuels up impecably from right down low to the top end. Yes, I'm sure that with a decent map modifier you can get 'More' out of it but for those who have been wavering in thoughts of purchase because of fears of fuelling stupidness you may fear no longer.

All I want is to find, when the factory finally gets its subscriber database up and running again! :roll: that the latest map is available for earlier A5 motored machines.

According to the message on the Servicemotoguzzi site that has now vanished, (Once again :roll: :blink: ) it looks like there were going to be 'Updates' for virtually every 'New' model. I'm hoping that this will involve the new, 2010 map for the Grisos as I REALLY want this map in my bike. Mine runs pretty damn well, but there were still a couple of little niggles that made it less than 'Perfect'. The 2010 bike I rode this morning can only be described as faultless. at least on the short ride I took on it and it has only a couple of hundred Km on it.

More and a fuller explanation tomorrow.

Pete

Pete, do you know is there something else changed? I know that 2010 griso has different airbox and battery turned 90 degrees so that there is better air flow to the tb's. Of course different map also.

So... is this new map usable with 2009 Griso???

2010 model I looked at had battery in same place and airbox *looked* identical?? I wasn't looking very hard though.

As for the other question? I don't know. I'm currently waiting for the V8 updates for my Navigator and I'm HOPING that this new map is available as a down load. Obviously though I can't give any more info on that UNTIL I have the upgrades.

Pete

Thanks for posting this Pete as with all your posts as you definitely helped me decide to take a chance on a Guzzi again after 10 years.

I thought the 2010 Griso's were suppose to have the Stevlio Cams? could that be why it felt so good? I was tempted to undertake this on my Griso once I have the PC V/autotune setup..thoughts?

Could the 2010 map be pulled from the ECU like a powercommander? and then pushed again without waiting for the factory?

No. It seems that there are two versions of the 8V motor with the MAJOR difference being the cams. (Daniel tells me there are a couple of other very minor things but we didn't have time to expand on that. The Grisos as afar as I can make out all use the A5 motor, which is the one with the original top end biased cams. The 'New' Stelvios and maybe others, (Norge 8V maybe??) use the A8 desgnated motor which has the cams with a more midranged bias.

Now. I haven't had the time or inclination to go trawling through the parts lists to find out what is what so this information may not be 100% correct. What I AM trying to do is pass on information as I discover it and it comes to hand.

One of the reasons there may of been confusion as to the availability for the upgrade to the #68 map is probably down to the nature of Guzzi development. Unlike many manufacturers where if you but a, say, 2009 model ALL the models produced under that designation will be the same, with Guzzi improvements and upgrades seem to just be incorporated into the build as they are developed. This would go a long way to explaining why some people with earlier bikes are being told that there are no upgrades and no #68 map or that there is a 'Glitch' in the map and it has been 'Withdrawn'. The fact is supercesion maps when installed will not alow retro-fitment of earlier information. Navigator will recognise if there is an upgrade available but if the ECU HAS the latest option installed it will just give you a blank page with no alternatives. If, however, you are unlucky enough to have the first map in your G8 then it will list ALL the supercesions, (At least Axone did that and since the tooling is built by the same mob I think it will be the same with Navigator.) you choose the latest one.

Pete

cytocycle said:
Could the 2010 map be pulled from the ECU like a powercommander? and then pushed again without waiting for the factory?

Not without a super computer and a really good hacker.

john zibell said:
cytocycle said:
Not without a super computer and a really good hacker.
I can do it. :whistle:

john zibell said:
I always thought you were a bit of a hacker :lol:
That's me, see;

CoronaHusky-TE-LG.jpg

Def: Term loosely used to describe the slide in Supermoto. i.e. One would "hack" it in.

Pete,
As I clean your room, and once again wash your brenda, any chance you bringing your navigator and downloading the 1103 map into my griso until I can afford a reflashed ECU? I will provide two rolls of soft toilet paper in your bathroom........

Jon, Nagrivator will definitely be accompanying me as it is always useful to show people how stuff works and the National is an ideal point to present a bit of 'Reality' to people who otherwise think it is all horribly complex white-man Ju-Ju.

What I'm hoping is that there will be newer upgrades for the 1100 as well. The blither on the Servicemotoguzzi website, (Before it mysteriously disappeared :roll: ) seemed to imply that there were upgrades for a whole host of bikes. Unfortunately, since that Technical Bulletin has now vanished I can neither confirm or deny the existence of anything. My Navigator is still telling me that there are updates available but I'm an 'Unsubscribed User' so its refusing to allow me to download them! Incredibly irritating but hardly out of character for Texa and Piaggio!

As I said in my reply to your PM on the Gloomy board if I can't get my PCV/AT to make a significant improvement on my 8V without sacrificing fuel ecconomy I'll probably leave it with you and you can stick it on your 1100. As I've said before I'm really very happy with my Oz bike as it is and if I can download a map that makes it as nice to ride as the 2010 model that will be perfectly satisfactory for me. It'll be doing everything I want without additional complication and I can leave the true 'Performance' enhancement to those who need and want it.

Pete

PS. If I'm allowed two rolls of dunny paper this time can at least one of them not have been used to wipe down the 'Thing with Quills'. It's really very insanitary.

PPS. Blither is back on Servicemotoguzzi page. I'm still an 'Unsubscribed user'. Phoned up and whined at Daniel again. He's going to try and harrass the Piggio service mob tonight.....

Back