RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, ALERT FOR Store purchases - riding season is here, so we know everyone wants it yesterday. However, lead times are long and many things are sold out or back-ordered, and there isn't much we can do to rush anything. Always best to buy off Season when things are in stock. Also, there are many seasonal holidays this time of year, both here and in Europe (particularly the Italian August Holiday month), so please be patient! We aren't Amazon. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. Please note GuzziTech and the GTM Store is largely a ONE man operation. Requests for phone calls will be deleted. We are online only. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE OR JUST disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. Thanks for your understanding and support.
  2. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

Insights

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Seamus MacCallum, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Seamus MacCallum

Seamus MacCallum Just got it firing!

Can you good folks here offer a newb like myself some insight on the pros and cons of the V7III and the V9 Bobber? Also how much similar are they in regards to performance? Which is easier to live with? Can you do two up day trips on either? Which one do you think is the better value? Can't seem to find a decent review on the V9. Thank you very much for your insight! Safe riding!

Bill Hagan likes this.
  2. grame

grame Tuned and Synch'ed

I had a V9 Roamer for a year before switching over to the Stone iii. The engines are similar, but the V9 has noticeable extra low down grunt. The V9's have nice extras like USB socket and all metal finish. The V9 feels a little bigger and the footpegs are further forward which means you can rest your knees against the heads. The V7 feels a little more raucous and manoeuvrable which makes for a better city bike. My aesthetic changed - at first I hated the look of the V7 and loved the cruiser-ish vibe of the V9. Then I switched. Tank size is a major factor. I think sometimes of getting a Bobber, but I think I'll hold off for the mooted road bike with the V85 engine. Headline - both are really nice bikes. In my country, the V9s are the better deal in that used prices are lower.

Bill Hagan likes this.
  3. Seamus MacCallum

Thank you for your insight! I'm trying to get as much feedback as possible. I'm in Germany and I'm a little more taken with the look of the bobber but would be happy to have the V7 as well. From what I've seen the V9 sounds better but it doesn't seem like there is much difference in power performance between the two.

4. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan GT Reference GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    Pecking out this response on phone with fat thumbs, thus apologies for errors.

I have sat on several 9’s but not ridden any; I own a 7 II & III.

Any m/c can make multi-day rides, of course, but, also of course, some are better tourers than others.

IMO, all foot-fwd, sit-up-&-beg mounts are less comfortable for serious LD riding than standards or even sportier machines.

I have many touring miles on all of my Guzzi’s, yet only one — the Norge — is designed for that. Could care less as all do the job and are a hoot.

See my V7 registry entries for my V7 III with H-B bags.

I know folks who have ridden on 6K r/t’s on 7’s, but think most 9’s are of the local riding sort. Perhaps someone can leap in and point out how nines have been used for a very long rides. I hope so. I just don’t know of any.

In many respects, all of this boils down to what you like. If a 9 calls to you, get it. They don’t to me, but motorcycles are the ultimate YMMV items.

Best wishes; let us know what you decide.

Bill

Seamus MacCallum likes this.
  5. roadscum

roadscum Cruisin' Guzzisti

Ride both then make a decision based on that experience. That's the only way to ensure you purchased the best bike for you.

Paul

Seamus MacCallum likes this.
  6. Seamus MacCallum

Thank you very much Bill! I appreciate your insight! I will look for your previous posts but may take me a while as this the first forum I've ever joined and learning my way round. MG bug has bitten me and I can't enough info.