• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Installation tips for slip on's

My Mistrals didn't use this arrangement...

These are retaining springs (inside the plastic covering), right? I've seen a number of competition pipes that use this method, usually with no other clamping method. Anyway, install the slipons as far up the header as they will comfortably go, hook one end of the retainer, and use vice-grips to pull hard enough on the other end to bring it to the other hole. Or maybe use a rod of some sort to lever the spring's free end into position. Have you tried emailing Agostini (or maybe Moto International, AF1 Racing, etc.) for a copy of the mounting instructions??

This shouldn't be an insurmountable obstacle. Good luck...
And I'm not sure if those are retaining springs as I can't even slide the black plastic far enough to know. What I'm going to do next time I get a chance is take a measurement of the stock exhaust from the rear tip to where they attach to the stock header pipe. That way I have a base idea of length of the pipe when attached. This should help me in determining how far before I need to try and pull on those springs..

And I'm not sure if those are retaining springs as I can't even slide the black plastic far enough to know. What I'm going to do next time I get a chance is take a measurement of the stock exhaust from the rear tip to where they attach to the stock header pipe. That way I have a base idea of length of the pipe when attached. This should help me in determining how far before I need to try and pull on those springs..

If they ARE springs (can't imagine what else they could be), you WILL have to pull on one end to get it on, and it WILL be somewhat difficult. At least all my motocross bikes back in the 80's were that used them. FWIW... ;-)

Jim

Finally installed my new slip ons, love the sound for sure. Not to loud but certainly not stock. I couldn't remove all of the stock mounting bolts off of the mounting brackets. I wasn't sure if they were Torx bolts or Allen Bolts, it didn't matter they were stuck in there good. Stripped three bolts, which had to be drilled out and if I ever want to re use the OEM cans will need to re thread or re tap those areas on the back of the cans.

Attachments

• guzzi pipe 1.jpg
    guzzi pipe 1.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 31
  • guzzi pipe 2.jpg
    guzzi pipe 2.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 30
  • guzzi pipe 3.jpg
    guzzi pipe 3.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 30
Back