• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Insurance costs in Europe

I've heard of people being rejected because of a couple of small accidents

I have heard in the UK of insurers increasing the cost for those who are not at fault but are the victims of accidents caused by others ... if this happens too many times. This seems unfair but I expect the reasoning/excuse is that there remains the cost of dealing with many claims even if another insurer eventually picks up the bill.

For me full coverage insurance is £170 for the year mainly due to my many years since qualifying and a few years without claims - from Carole Nash Insurance. This includes breakdown cover never needed on my Guzzi :p . Now I have kicked sand in Fate's face expect a breakdown thread from me in the next week :silly:

Art

Too many variables in play to make comparisons. I pay £120 fully comp through the AA. 3yrs NCB Age 51 full bike licence since I was 17. Your postcode makes a massive difference to premiums, mine must be classed as relatively "safe"

I'm paying about 330 Euros a year for my fully comp insurance.
Have had drivers license since 1974 and no accidents except a theft in 1986.
52 years old, living in a small Swedish town, driving a 2008 Stelvio.

For a young person, living in a big town, driving a sports bike it could cost between 3 000 and 12 000 Euros. The higher "score" means that the insurance company do not want such customers...

GBP £316 fully comp on 09 Stevlio, 05 naked suzuki sv1000 and 04 honda cb250f big boys garaged.
47 ys old, riding for 30 yrs living in outer reaches of North London.
The MG was an add on, for the other two I was paying 3rd pty fire & theft GBP100 through e-bike on line.
I don't see the point of fully comp on bikes, if I wreck it I'll fix it, but due to the value of the MG they insisted on fully comp.
Cheap insurance, one of the compensations of getting old! ;)

Just got my 21 yo son 3rd party insurance on an 850 Norge for €180 bit of a result as we didn't expect it for less than €300 :D

I am at maximum 'Bonus' (I heard that this bonus thing is something we -french- are the only ones to have in our legislation).
In the UK we have "No Claims Bonus" but it's not via legislation, indeed third party,fire and theft insurance was £132 for my V50 and Honda CRM with 4 years NCB and an identical policy with the same company not "using" my NCB was £6 LESS :?

I've just spent hours getting insurance quotes and all the UK insurers offer slightly different packages making direct comparisons impossible.

GBP £316 fully comp on 09 Stevlio, 05 naked suzuki sv1000 and 04 honda cb250f big boys garaged.
47 ys old, riding for 30 yrs living in outer reaches of North London.
The MG was an add on, for the other two I was paying 3rd pty fire & theft GBP100 through e-bike on line.

I was quoted more than that fully comp on just my 2 bikes worth a fraction of the value of yours and nowhere near as fast as your SV, I'm only (?)39 but maybe South London is a lot more dangerous :D -(1in4 drivers uninsured according to a recent survey)

We have a tax on Insurance Premiums which pushes up the price.

I was quoted more than that fully comp on just my 2 bikes worth a fraction of the value of yours and nowhere near as fast as your SV, I'm only (?)39 but maybe South London is a lot more dangerous :D -(1in4 drivers uninsured according to a recent survey)

South of the river, bandit country mate ;)

I payed £168 this year for two bikes, a Jackal and a Yamaha 900 Diversion. That is fully comp., with UK and European breakdown cover, includng home start. The insurance is with Footman James.

Back