• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Is there something we have not been told?

Brian UK

GT Reference
Just had this posted on our UK forum.

Hi everyone,

I became a Guzzi owner today with the purchase of a 1200 8v Griso SE. Lovely machine.

I had one question though that I can't find any details about at all.
After I got back from my 2 hour ride home from the dealer, I noticed that there was coolant literally dripping from someone up under the front of the fuel tank down onto the block and the pipes. I'm pretty concerned since I don't want it to empty itself and overheat (not that I can tell because it doesn't have a temperature gauge).

I know that the block is oil cooled but how do I check the level of the coolant on this bike? There is no information about this whatsoever.

It turns out that this liquid is blue, therefore coolant.
We suggested a kid had dropped his blackcurrant ice lolly down the bike and it was melting. ;)

a few blue motorcycle liquid that I could think of... :mrgreen:

ATE super blue brake fluid

IMG_63311.jpg

our local Shell V-power gasoline

DSCN5099.jpg

Redline light weight shock proof gear oil

rl01.jpg

Commander Shran picked him up on his long range sensor and when he saw the beauty of the Griso he must have spell some of his Andorian ale...
I wouldn't worry about it.

Always surprised at people that buy a bike (and not a cheap one) and are not even sure how it works. Not knowing how to maintain is one thing, not knowing how it actually works is another....

Let us know what he finds out.......my last bike had blue fork oil...possibility....

Well, visiting what could be my dealer of choice, a few weeks ago, I was chatting with the guy on the floor about the Griso. He was trying to convince me that the bike has a wet clutch, even though I was discussing the separate gear box and showing him the oil drainage probe. I was wondering what this guy was doing in a Guzzi shop and how he got the job there, very disappointing to say the list, almost scary. I hope their service guys know better.

Niko said:
Well, visiting what could be my dealer of choice, a few weeks ago, I was chatting with the guy on the floor about the Griso. He was trying to convince me that the bike has a wet clutch, even though I was discussing the separate gear box and showing him the oil drainage probe. I was wondering what this guy was doing in a Guzzi shop and how he got the job there, very disappointing to say the list, almost scary. I hope their service guys know better.

You said it well: "Could be my dealer of choice..."
I suggest you to never set foot in that place again.
Anyone hiring a moron is, well, another moron.
My bathroom door nob is smarter than this idiot!
This is the problem with Guzzi IMO, not the scarcity of dealers but the ones that can't tell the difference between a motorcycle and a dishwasher...

Niko said:
Did the dealer sell BMW's as well? maybe he got it confused with the new BM twin which is wet clutch.
BTW Brian uk has made 1204 posts,just bought his first guzzi and hasnt yet figured out a Griso is not water cooled....just saying.
Its more likely the fluid is some bike wash they have mixed with water trapped after the PD clean and wash.
Ciao

lucky phil said:
BTW Brian uk has made 1204 posts,just bought his first guzzi and hasnt yet figured out a Griso is not water cooled....just saying.

If you read Brian's post again you will see he is quoting from a post by someone else on another forum. As far as I know he has had Guzzis for a long time, has been involved with running the UK Guzzi club and moderating it's forum and knows rather more about Guzzis than most people......just saying!

Will said:
lucky phil said:

If you read Brian's post again you will see he is quoting from a post by someone else on another forum. As far as I know he has had Guzzis for a long time, has been involved with running the UK Guzzi club and moderating it's forum and knows rather more about Guzzis than most people......just saying!
Oh ok thanks just re read the original post and it all makes sense now. sorry Brian uk.
Ciao

Brian UK said:
Actually last summer, most Guzzis ridden in the UK were water cooled.

Yeah....I kept looking for the "up periscope" button on the switchgear :lol:

Back