Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Is there something we have not been told?

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by Brian UK, May 11, 2013.

1. Brian UK

Brian UK GT Reference

Just had this posted on our UK forum.

Hi everyone,

I became a Guzzi owner today with the purchase of a 1200 8v Griso SE. Lovely machine.

I had one question though that I can't find any details about at all.
    After I got back from my 2 hour ride home from the dealer, I noticed that there was coolant literally dripping from someone up under the front of the fuel tank down onto the block and the pipes. I'm pretty concerned since I don't want it to empty itself and overheat (not that I can tell because it doesn't have a temperature gauge).

I know that the block is oil cooled but how do I check the level of the coolant on this bike? There is no information about this whatsoever.

It turns out that this liquid is blue, therefore coolant.
    We suggested a kid had dropped his blackcurrant ice lolly down the bike and it was melting. ;)

2. kampe

kampe Cruisin' Guzzisti

As far as i know there are no blue liquids in the griso. Maybe somebody pranked him. :lol: :lol:

3. Phang

Phang Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

a few blue motorcycle liquid that I could think of... :mrgreen:

ATE super blue brake fluid

[​IMG]

our local Shell V-power gasoline

[​IMG]

Redline light weight shock proof gear oil

[​IMG]

4. Pascal

Pascal Cruisin' Guzzisti

Commander Shran picked him up on his long range sensor and when he saw the beauty of the Griso he must have spell some of his Andorian ale...
    I wouldn't worry about it.

5. canuck1969

canuck1969 GT Reference GT Contributor

Always surprised at people that buy a bike (and not a cheap one) and are not even sure how it works. Not knowing how to maintain is one thing, not knowing how it actually works is another....

Let us know what he finds out.......my last bike had blue fork oil...possibility....

6. kampe

kampe Cruisin' Guzzisti

:lol: :lol: I'll go with the Andorian ale :lol: :lol:

7. Niko

Niko Just got it firing!

Well, visiting what could be my dealer of choice, a few weeks ago, I was chatting with the guy on the floor about the Griso. He was trying to convince me that the bike has a wet clutch, even though I was discussing the separate gear box and showing him the oil drainage probe. I was wondering what this guy was doing in a Guzzi shop and how he got the job there, very disappointing to say the list, almost scary. I hope their service guys know better.

8. Pascal

Pascal Cruisin' Guzzisti

You said it well: "Could be my dealer of choice..."
    I suggest you to never set foot in that place again.
    Anyone hiring a moron is, well, another moron.
    My bathroom door nob is smarter than this idiot!
    This is the problem with Guzzi IMO, not the scarcity of dealers but the ones that can't tell the difference between a motorcycle and a dishwasher...

9. lucky phil

lucky phil Cruisin' Guzzisti

Did the dealer sell BMW's as well? maybe he got it confused with the new BM twin which is wet clutch.
    BTW Brian uk has made 1204 posts,just bought his first guzzi and hasnt yet figured out a Griso is not water cooled....just saying.
    Its more likely the fluid is some bike wash they have mixed with water trapped after the PD clean and wash.
    Ciao

10. Will

Will Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

If you read Brian's post again you will see he is quoting from a post by someone else on another forum. As far as I know he has had Guzzis for a long time, has been involved with running the UK Guzzi club and moderating it's forum and knows rather more about Guzzis than most people......just saying!

11. lucky phil

lucky phil Cruisin' Guzzisti

Oh ok thanks just re read the original post and it all makes sense now. sorry Brian uk.
    Ciao

12. Goodvibes

Goodvibes Cruisin' Guzzisti

During summertime here in south Florida my Griso is also water cooled most times.

13. Brian UK

Brian UK GT Reference

No worries folks, just quoted it here as a source of entertainment.
    Actually last summer, most Guzzis ridden in the UK were water cooled.

14. Will

Will Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Yeah....I kept looking for the "up periscope" button on the switchgear :lol: