• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Isle of man TT

Paxo

Cruisin' Guzzisti
For any of you not familiar with the spirit of the TT races please have a look at this!

[youtube]F1HqiUeKpyg[/youtube]

Ha ha, nice. Good to see one with a sense of humour!

Actually, it has to be said that the police over there were always polite and friendly whenever I spoke to one (including when one gave me directions after he'd heard me bombing past at 60, whoops! He just gave me a little telling off).

Sadly, apart from the police, I found almost all the other people over there extremely rude and ignorant, save for a few folks.

Strange to hear you say that, as I've found the Manx people to be very friendly and welcoming. The tax exiles that live there may be slightly less enthusiastic about the TT.
Mmm first post and it isn't about Guzzis...

I went over for the Manx this year and I was quite surprised by the attitude of some of the locals. There was some resentment of the space taken up by parked motorcycles and I suspect this is due to the massive increase in car traffic over the years. What they seem to forget is that only 4 weeks of the year is taken up by visiting motorcyclists but that contribution to the Manx economy is considerable. What they also need to remember is that around 50% of visitors have previously been to the Isle of Man and a negative attitude will drastically reduce that number.

How hard is it to plan out a trip there? Coming from Canada it's been on my wish list but I don't personally know anyone thats made the trip. Any tips? Is it hard to find a place to stay? I've heard the ferries need to be booked 6 months in advance during races.

Ferries and accommodation are the things you have to book in advance (and pay ferry peak pricing because demand is high). How you like camping out?

First thing you need to check are convenient flights into the UK - Manchester International is the nearest major airport and is only 70 miles from the ferry. London Heathrow will have the best connections but is only a good start point for another flight.

All depends on how long you want to be in UK and whether you want to ride around and get the ferry over or pick up a bike when you get on the Isle of Man - I know there are hireshops on the island and you could fly in avoiding the ferry.

Art

Just picked up on your post Suncoast. Try contacting the IOM tourist board directly through their website and I'm sure they'll be able to help sort out a holiday. There are always a large number of foreign visitors from all over the place at the TT and also the Manx so it won't be anything new to them. Good luck and Happy Christmas!

I went there once, and it was the attidude of the specating riders that stank.
Basically, treating the streets like a toilet and a race track with zero consideration for the locals.
It's sad that the only reason the locals tolerate it is because their economy depends on it.
I went once and ver again.
It made me ashamed to be associated with bikes.
:(

Back