• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Italian Tour - September 2011

swagzz

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hi All
As I have been living under a rock for the last 12 months (figuratively speaking ) working in Central Australia I am out of touch as to what is being planned for celebrations for MG's 90th year .
I am travelling to Italy late August 2011 for a month touring with my wife.
At this point we are looking at options for hiring of bikes from the 31st August to 1st of october and tour guides for the first couple of weeks to get used to riding in Italy.
The original tour plan has been stopped as our guide is ill and cannot do the tour next year as planned.
If anyone has ideas , information or recommendations they would be most welcome also if anyone would like to join up with us at any point feel free.
As we have no set plan as yet other than having a good time suggestions are invited
for place to go/stay, things to do, roads to ride,wines to drink (in moderation).
A couple of our friends have decided to join us for part of the tour so any one else thinking of going to Italy in September 2011 feel free to contact me.
I am not setting myself up as a tour leader here but any info I collect will be passed on to anyone interested.
Departure date is set to fly out of Brisbane on the 27th August and arrive in Italy with a couple of days to get over any jetlag before picking up bikes on the 30th August or the 1st Sept.
later swagzz

There are rumours that there'll be an official GMG in 2011.

Hi Peter
Thank you for your offer , I will definately be in touch.
I'll give you a call during the week as I am travelling back to site tonight.
Terry

RJVB said:
There are rumours that there'll be an official GMG in 2011.

Nothing planned yet

http://www.motoguzziworldclub.it/index. ... =09&day=01

- but, it's Moto-Guzzi, so expect it to official in early September 2011. Maybe.... :mrgreen:

September is a great month for doing Italy. August isn't, because that is the month the Italians have their holidays, meaning that everything is closed, and what isn't, is overcrowded with vacationing Italians.

swagzz said:
Fly in to Milan 29th August
Month of touring around Northern Italy

you need minimum 1 week for the roads of Toscana, a good point to stay is Siena or near it (nearly the middle og Toscana), and make 1-day-travels in different directions from there, awesome.
Mountains of Abruzzi is brilliant with bike also, if you are lucky you can see wolfes still there.
Next is around Lake Garda, unbelievable roads in the area around it, between Lake Garda and Lake Como, where Mandello del Lario is - http://uk.motoguzzi.it/#/motoguzzi/UK/e ... omo/news29 - GMG deep vibrations on September 16th, 17th 18th September in Mandello. Unfortunatyl I will not be there.
Plan minimum 1 week for South Tirol (Trentino) and Dolomites.
You will never forget these roads and countryside, of course only with bike :) .

Have fun and best greetings to all the curves from me :mrgreen: .

thats pretty much what our itenary is although won't be in mandello over 16th -18th

Back