• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Italy, France, Andorra, Spain, Portugal [ride report]

Daniel Kalal

Cruisin' Guzzisti
This would be a twelve-day riding trip from Mandello del Lario, Italy to Portugal and back. That's not enough time to be too casual about mileage each day, but it's still enough to see plenty of things.

map.jpg

I stayed two nights in Lecco before starting the trip from Mandello del Lario.
photo056.JPG

with a side-trip to Bellagio
photo081.JPG

Of course, I'd be riding a Moto Guzzi. A Stelvio.
photo128.JPG

Italy farm house
photo130.JPG

Colle della Maddlena is an easy pass in Italy (crossing to France).
photo149.JPG

Dropping into France
photo153.JPG

Barcelonnette for the night
photo160.JPG
photo161.JPG

Many terrific roads
photo176.JPG

Vineyards? Of course.
photo190.JPG

typical French countryside.
photo198.JPG

Pont-Saint-Esprit
photo200.JPG

photo201.JPG
photo202.JPG

Aduze.
photo210.JPG

photo219.JPG

Le Vigan
photo228.JPG

photo230.JPG
'

La Cavalerie
photo242.JPG
photo245.JPG

Saint-Affrique
photo266.JPG

photo265.JPG
photo267.JPG

I didn't care for the rain, but these roads are stunningly good.
photo277.JPG

photo283.JPG

Alet-les-Bains
photo289.JPG
photo292.JPG

photo298.JPG

photo308.JPG
photo307.JPG

The back road to Andorra was fun. Most traffic is elsewhere on a road not nearly as interesting.
photo328.JPG

photo336.JPG

photo338.JPG

Canillo, Andorra. Plenty of rain.
photo342.JPG

Off the main road in Spain
photo353.JPG

Soriguera
photo356.JPG

photo359.JPG

photo370.JPG

When no longer than this, these tunnels left with natural walls are not a problem. But, when they are much longer, they can be disorienting. The best tunnels have white walls, good lighting, and ideally, some sort of reference points along the sides (either a painted stripe or reflectors).
photo376.JPG

Barbastro
photo377.JPG
photo383.JPG

photo388.JPG
photo389.JPG

It's true. The rains in Spain do fall mainly in the plains…
photo402.JPG

Torro
photo419.JPG

photo437.JPG
photo432.JPG

photo436.JPG
photo435.JPG

Portugal roads are nice.
photo442.JPG

photo446.JPG

Praia de Mira
photo469.JPG

Arganil
photo489.JPG
photo493.JPG

photo495.JPG
photo501.JPG

photo517.JPG

photo522.JPG

Alcantara, Spain
photo528.JPG

photo536.JPG

Sometimes the long travel of the Stelvio was really needed.
photo553.JPG

photo554.JPG

As I said. Spanish roads are terrific.
photo563.JPG

photo568.JPG

l'Hospitalet del l'infant
photo572.JPG

photo573.JPG
photo592.JPG

Beaucaire, France
photo599.JPG

photo610.JPG
photo611.JPG

photo618.JPG
photo616.JPG

Barley, I believe.
photo648.JPG

Soon the lavender will be in bloom.
photo658.JPG

Moustiers-Sainte-Marie
photo661.JPG

photo675.JPG

Saint-Lautent-du-Var
photo689.JPG
photo688.JPG

Nice
photo699.JPG

Monte Carlo
photo702.JPG

inland from Albisola
photo710.JPG

Alessandria
photo715.JPG
photo720.JPG

photo723.JPG
photo724.JPG

photo732.JPG
photo731.JPG

The River Po
photo742.JPG

Serina
photo750.JPG
photo748.JPG

interesting little roads between bergamo and lake como.
photo758.JPG

Bellano and Lake Como
photo764.JPG

And back in Mandello del Lario
photo765.JPG
photo772.JPG

Great....and I've just booked my annual trip to Spain & Portugal so your photos have got me chomping at the bit. Can't wait!

Gotta love those roads with the overhanging cliffs.
Reminds me of the time when driving down from the Causses in the Massif Central and seeing a very large RV going up the road in the opposite direction. The RV driver was absolutely panicked! You could see everything through his big window. His eyes were bulging out, and knuckles completely white. His wife was walking in front checking for clearance trying to avoid the overhang. He didn't know, but it was worse further up the road. :sick: :sick:
There was no place to turn around or pull over and backing down would have been "interesting"
We still wonder to this day weather he made it or not. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your images are wonderful and full of memories. The Tarn and Massif Central are little visited by most Americans.

Beautiful Daniel, thanks for the ride along.

Back