• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

It's Official! Visalia, CA Not-a-rally. April 13-15

mwest

Tuned and Synch'ed
Last years Not-a-rally in Visalia was a great success (despite the difficulties getting there) so plans have been made for another. It will be the weekend of April 14-15 and will be at the Lamplighter Hotel just like last year.

For those that did not make it last year, it was a great weekend. Most people who could get through the freakishly bad weather (a little snow never hurt anyone) made it on Friday and we had dinner at a fine rib joint. Ones that couldn’t, met up Saturday morning or at lunch. Saturday was some great spring sierra foothill riding that ended at a small moto collection full of BSA’s, and other great brit bikes. Dinner Saturday night was at a private room at the hotel close to the bar. Dave and Jamileh who are local lead another ride on Sunday for the folks that didn’t need to get home right away. All in all a great weekend.

This is a not a rally so all you need to do is make yourself a hotel reservation and get yourself there. No registration, no pins, no t-shirts, no catered meals, or anything else that you don’t bring yourself. Lampliter Inn website is http://lampliter.net/. A block of rooms has been reserved under “Visalia NAR” for the 13th-14th. If you ask for a ground floor room with a window, you should be able to park right in front and keep an eye on your moto. As if anyone would steal a Guzzi.

Hotel rate is $59 plus tax and there is a 48 hour cancellation policy.

Some teaser pics from last year

snorcalnar2011022.jpg

snorcalnar2011017.jpg

img0164sm.jpg

img0175r.jpg

img0195ny.jpg

img0185gz.jpg

Todd -
We'll line up any type of conveyance that makes it possible for you to join in: car, sidecar, moto, litter, grappatender, you name it.... Would love to see you up here in April....

I had a great time in SLO in 2010 but had to miss last years in Visalia. I can hardly wait. I'm sure planning to make this one.

Keith

How timely!!! I did some scouting yesterday and today; found a pretty cool option for the "educational" component, and secondly, we simply cannot pass up riding Trimmer Springs Rd this year - it never ceases to amaze..... Can't wait!!

trimmer012.jpg

trimmer001.jpg

Just booked my reservation for the 13 & 14. I'm looking forward to this ride. It's been a while...too long since I have ridden with some fellow Gutzi riders!

JP

Awesome you'll be joining in, Zigzag!! We have some pretty fine backroad riding out of Visalia, and the company is great, both on and off the motos.
Yes, Keith, "educational" component. Whoever flunks the written test at the end covers the first round of libation Saturday evening. And don't tell me you're not arriving till Sunday AM..... LOL.
Is Godfather Jim going to be in attendance this year?

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and probably will attend the event. Is anyone leaving from Los Angeles areas? I'm in Fullerton/O.C. and if there's a group leaving from LA metro area, would like to tag along and meet all the Guzzi owners along the way. Got my 02 V11 LeMans last year and just getting familiar with Italian side of things.

Hi Frank, welcome to the Forum, congrats on the LM! JP is in Brea, Bob is in Burbank, and I'm in Malibu - Happy to meet up with you for the trek North if your travel schedule coincides, otherwise there will be several going up from L.A.

Hi Todd, Thanks for the reply, seem like its going to be a good showing. If there is a rallying point on Friday night before heading north do let me know. Any thoughts on weather? what to bring and so forth. It'll be rare sight for so many Guzzi's to be at one place. I've never seen another Guzzi since my purchase and it must all be hiding somewhere. Where do you guys ride? ACH, Malibu, GMR or Ortega?

Cheers
frank

These days we seem to be a rather individualistic group. Speaking for myself in Burbank, I tend to ride ACH, Santa Monica Mtns, Little Tujunga Rd, Angeles Forest Hwy, Lake Hughes & Bouquet Canyon Rds. Since I am retired, I do a lot of it during the week to avoid the squids & LEO's. I generally won't do ACH or the Rock Store on a Sunday. I'll be going up to Visalia sometime Friday, but can't tell when until a friend knows when he can get out of work. Probably mid-late afternoon. We (could be just 2 of us, maybe a few more) tend to meet up at the Chevron station at the Roxford exit off the I5,in between the I5/405 & I5/210 merges. Can't tell you more until it gets a lot closer. Feel free to post again asking about it Mon-Tues of that week.

Back